Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

WSJT-X Radio settings for FT8 Hound

Options
George  N1GB
George N1GB Member ✭✭
I am trying to set up WSJT-X for FT8 Hound mode with my 6400.
If you have successfully done so I would like to know what settings you set up on the 'Radio' tab of the WSJT-X ver. 1.9.1 set-up dialog.

Thanks  George  N1GB  

Answers

• N2TU
    N2TU Company Adviser ✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Settings are included in the conversation....73

Lou N2TU
  • George  N1GB
    George N1GB Member ✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Lou
    Thank you for the link.  The settings were helpful.  The latest 1.9.1 version now requires a split mode setting.  I used Fake It (see screen shot of my settings).  This set up works fine and I just made successful Fox/Hound (me) QSO with A5A DXpedtion on 20m FT8.

• JerryW
    JerryW Member ✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Options
    This works for my 6400; de Jerry 73's
  • George  N1GB
    George N1GB Member ✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Thanks, Jerry
    I will give this a try.
    Are the Network Server settings the same for anyone's Flex, or are they specific to your computer network?
    73  GB
  • JerryW
    JerryW Member ✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Options
    George, ops forgot to mention that your actual TCP port may be different for example 5004 vs 5002.
    open CAT and take a look at yours. see photo
  • George  N1GB
    George N1GB Member ✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Thanks, Jerry.  Mine is 5002.
    73  GB
  • Jay Nation
    Jay Nation Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Options
    George

As long as your not interested in using DDUtil, then 5002 should be ok, but there's no harm in creating more TCP CAT ports, I create one dedicated TCP CAT port for each of my 4 slices. DDUtil is hardcoded to use 5002.

#FlexRadio IRC chat

For real-time discussions

SDRgadgets

User created documentation.
               Volunteer!!

73, Jay - NO5J

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.