Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

WSJT -X NOT WORKING

DonE
DonE Member ✭✭
edited January 2020 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
This is my second post regarding the problem. WSJT stopped working after Win update. I uninstalled the latest update but did not help. Tim W4TME spent an hour working to get my 6400 dax corrected but still WSJT does not work( no fault of Tim) I have attached two screen shots one showing the error I am getting. and one from win.10 that show WSJT-X with no volume this only comes up when WSJT is loaded . imageimage

Comments

• Craig_KØCF
    Craig_KØCF Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Windows updates have a habit of assigning DAX channels as Windows default devices. This is not allowed. The second pane above clearly shows "DAX Audio RX1" as a system input device. Change this setting to a system microphone, or anything other than any DAX device.

It would be wise to open the Windows sound control panel and make sure no Flex DAX devices have a green check mark on them, which indicates Windows Default. If they do, right click on a different device and set it to be the default.

• Michael N3LI
    Michael N3LI Member ✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Your WSJT-X is ghosted out on that panel. What do you get on your Settings panel in WSJT? 

This list will probably have things you already have set:

Audio should be DAX Audio RX1, and TX should be DAX audio TX. On the radio panel, it should be CAT

On SSDR, TX stream should be blue, and RX strewam Slice A should be blue and streaming. 

• Jim  KJ7S
    Jim KJ7S Member ✭✭
    edited January 2020
    As noted, in some updates the names get changed even though the drivers are probably installed correctly, they will have been misnamed by recent OS System updates:

Discrepancies, such as is shown in the above, will be plentiful and noticeable by looking at the greyed lines just under the  bolder type. All I did was to rename some of the misnamed sound devices:

That said, YMMV and depending on which model you have, will indicate how many devices you will have to rename overall. In my case it is a 6300 so all I felt i needed was the two for the two slices. two for Reserved RX Audio, RX Audio, IQ RX and the one Mic and TX

• Jim  KJ7S
    Jim KJ7S Member ✭✭
    edited January 2020
    One other note, which most of you of course already know is, that for each instance of WSJT-x or any other digital program, will need to be configured with a separate RX audio and Com port, and the TX audio will remain the same for those instances.  Hope this is a help.  '73' tnt  Jim  KJ7S
  • Wim
    Wim Member ✭✭
    edited July 2019
    My audio channel names were also mangled after this last Windows update, even though I had fully uninstalled smartSDR and DAX drivers and rebooted before doing the update...
    By renaming them as shown above I got it to work again ..

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.