Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

WSJT-X not monitoring

WSJT-X ver. 1.6.0, SSDR ver. 1.6.21, Win 10
all "fresh" installs, no fldigi, HRD, DDUtil, etc.

I am noob to all of the above, read WSJT tutorial by N5AC, have slice B blue and streaming.

I cannot get Dax Tx to turn on, but do not think that it is needed to monitor.

Here is screen shot:

Answers

• George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Slide up to the JT65 frequency of 14076. WSJTX doesn't do PSK31. Also ensure you have proper time sync. You only need one slice running, use the same one for RX/TX.
  • butch alline
    butch alline Member
    edited November 2016

Thanks George.  This is getting a bit weird.  
    Last night I could not change bands or decode in WSJT.

Today I booted up and could change bands in WSJT, but still no decodes.
    Waited about 20 minutes, took a walk, came back and it was monitoring and decoding!
  • George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Sounds like you need to have your PC clock synced up. It is extremely important to use a time setting client and not the Windows Time Service for anything more than very occasional use, I like NMEA Time, available on line, that syncs via GPS or NTP. By the way, use the Kenwood 2000 settings for CAT control. WELCOME ABOARD!
  • DH2ID
    DH2ID Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Tutorial:

https://community.flexradio.com/flexradio/topics/tutorial-setting-up-wsjt-x-with-smartsdr

Setting up time synch without external programs:

http://www.windows10update.com/2015/08/windows-10-tutorials-155-change-the-time-synchronization-inte...

I have set my time synch to 15 minutes, that should be often enough.
    If you have a GPS mouse, you can use GPS time to update your PC.

• butch alline
    butch alline Member
    edited November 2016
    Thanks George and Alex.  
    I have installed Dimension 4 for time sync, but cannot determine if it is, in fact working.  Win10 task manager does not show it as a process or running app.

1. Is there a way to tell if Dimension 4 (or other time sync. methods) are actually working?

2. I have never heard of a GPS mouse.  Looks like they sell for $15 to $30.  Looks like Bluetooth would be the way to "see the sky".  Any preferences here?

Thanks again - so much to learn, but sure beats TV!
  • butch alline
    butch alline Member
    edited December 2016
    Continuing weirdness...or is it Win10?
    Answer to my Q1:
    Dimension 4 app was hidden and inactive.  After some digging I found it and it is now working ( I think  ;-).  It now shows up in task mgr.
  • dlwarnberg
    dlwarnberg Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Try atomic for time synchronize. . Works well..
  • George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    I think the "mouse" is a "lost in translation" moment :-)
    Looks like you're getting it together, Butch. Hope to catch you on soon. Hamspots or PSKReporter are great  sites to check where you're being copied. 

• butch alline
    butch alline Member
    edited December 2018
    One other issue that I had was that I could not "Tx stream" in the DAX control.

In the P/CW panel of the Transmitter Control Panel: My Mic profile was set to whatever the default was and NOT to WSJT.  Once I selected WSJT, I could select the DAX button in P/CW and I could select Tx stream in the DAX control panel.  Whew!

I did not find or notice this solution in any of the YouTube or other tutorials that I have looked at.  I also noted that there are at least three DAX buttons in SSDR and that the "fly out help" on the DAX Tx stream control does not specify which of these three (or more?) DAX buttons need to be set.
  • DrTeeth
    DrTeeth Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    It sure as heck confused me when I was new to Flex having several places to affect the same thing like DAX. I still get caught out.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.