Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

WSJT-X not decoding. I am seeing signals in the WSJT-X waterfall; clock seems accurate

13»

Answers

• Neal Pollack, N6YFM
    Neal Pollack, N6YFM Member ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Ria:

With a large number of FT-8 users starting to spread out wider than 2,000 hz
    for FT-8 usage, I regularly will see someone up at 3,000 or even 3,500 hz on
    the waterfall.    I set the DIGI-U receive bandwidth to 4K for FT-8, and that way
    the waterfall spectrum scope is flat and I can receive all players all the time.

Cheers,

Neal

• Neal Pollack, N6YFM
    edited April 2019
    Bill:

That Dell model would qualify as a Historical Museum Artifact.
    Please ask Santa for any brand/model Costco or BestBuy special
    that has a 2019  Core I5 or Core i7, with 16 GB of RAM memory.
    You will be able to have ALL your programs open, as well as 35 tabs
    in Chrome and the same in Firefox, across 3 display monitors, and the
    CPU will simply laugh and ask if that's all ya' got to throw at it :-)

Cheers,

Neal
  • Neal Pollack, N6YFM
    edited April 2019
    Sam, really? :-)
    A NetBook and/or Atom chip make a nice dog treat dipped in gravy,
    but is utterly useless for 90% of modern computing tasks.

Cheers,

Neal
  • Al K0VM
    Al K0VM Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Neal,
      The WSJT/Flex hamlib problem has been fixed and is incorporated in WSJT-X V 2.0.1.
    AL, K0VM
  • Ted  VE3TRQ
    Ted VE3TRQ Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    However, the fix does not seem to be in the latest JS8Call :-(
  • Mike Saeger
    Mike Saeger Member
    edited February 2020
    This was exactly my problem. I use Virtual Audio Cable with Power SDR. I used the VAC repeater to listen to the audio -- it was all broken up -- stuttering. I stopped the SDR software and re-started it. The audio cleared up and WSJT-X started decoding!!
  • Al t
    Al t Member
    edited March 2020
    that fixed my issue... who knew that being out of FT8 for so long made a difference

• Larry
    Larry Member
    edited May 2020
    A year later and the issue is still present. The waterfall shows 44 DB signals and yet no decode. Sick of this.
  • Larry
    Larry Member
    edited May 2020
    I finally resolved my issue. I was downloading the most recent release from Debian which was very old actually. After purging this version and downloading the current version directly from the website and installing it, it started working great for me.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.