WSJT-X No RF Output on Flex 6500

• Problem
  • Updated 1 year ago
  • Solved
WSJT-X 1.7.0 was up and working JT65 well on 20M and 40M on my Flex 6500 running SDR 1.9.13.173, Windows 10 Pro. Now, NO RF POWER.

WSJT-X shows CAT connected OK (green button) and in Settings, "Test Cat" responds green. "PTT" also keys the Flex MOX OK. However, invoking a TUNE from WSJT-X keys the Flex into Xmit, produces a single tone which I hear from the MON and see on the Flex Level bar meter, but it produces no RF output, and in normal operation, no RF output even though the program is producing the tones. DAX control panel shows TX streaming OK, and RX OK, and clearly the audio is getting to the Flex. 

Invoking a TUNE on the Flex is normal as ever with RF output. FLDIGI operates normally with CAT control and produces RF output. 

Uninstalled WSJT-X and re-installed it. Did not solve the problem. The only thing that has occurred that might have upset things was a Windows security update mid-week. 

David A., KK6DA, Los Angeles
Photo of David Ahrendts

David Ahrendts

• 76 Posts
  • 9 Reply Likes

Posted 1 year ago

Photo of David Ahrendts

David Ahrendts

• 76 Posts
  • 9 Reply Likes
Official Response
FOR EVERYONE: issue resolved. Everything appeared to be OK with WSJT-X but there was no RF out. Audio got to the Flex OK. You could see it and hear it by MON. But no RF. I had the Low Cut and High Cut filters set too narrow for JT65. Solution: make sure the transmit filters are set to 0 and 4000 for JT65. Not a DAX issue a CAT issue, and operator issue! Most of them are. Thank you Bill Barrett!