WSJT-X No Power Output

• Problem
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Solved
WSJT-X No Transmit Output issue Using a FLEX6500 Everything appears to be working except I'm not getting any power output on 6 meters while JT65 works perfectly. Using the latest versions of Flex and WSJT-X. What am I overlooking ?
Photo of Tony WV2C

Tony WV2C

• 41 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of David Ahrendts

David Ahrendts

• 90 Posts
  • 14 Reply Likes
Tony, make sure your high and low filters are not set too narrowly to allow for digital transmission. That got me in the setup of WSJT-X also where everything was set correctly, but there is no power output. For digital, I the lower end at zero, and the upper end at 5000. Bet that's it.
Photo of Tony WV2C

Tony WV2C

• 41 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
Thanks..tried that but no luck.
Photo of David Warnberg

David Warnberg

• 543 Posts
  • 56 Reply Likes
TX Stream in DAX control panel on?  
DAX button BLUE on P/CW panel in SmartSDR?  
Proper output selected in WSJT-X (File->Settings->Audio->Output=DAX Audio TX (FlexRadio Systems DAX TX)

Does it key the radio?  
What do you have selected in Radio settings?
Do you get a successful CAT test "Test CAT" button?
Do you get a successful PTT test "Test PTT" ?

Do you only not get power output on 6 meters?  Does 20 meters work?

David
(Edited)
Photo of John - K3MA

John - K3MA

• 298 Posts
  • 90 Reply Likes
Check that the TX/RX audio channels are still correct.  File.....Setting.....Audio.  I have found then changed on a few rare occasions.  I am not sure why but I suspect some kind of Windows update resulted in the change.

John
Photo of Tony WV2C

Tony WV2C

• 41 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
Official Response
I changed the Soundcard setting to match HB9HQF JT65 settings.  INPUT: DAX AUDIO RX1 (FLEXRADIO SYSYEMS DAX AUDIO)   OUTPUT: DAX AUDIO TX FLEXRADIO SYSTEMS DAX TX)                Getting full output now on 6. Will try it out on the air in the morning.   Thanks David and John for jarring my brain!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.