Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

WSJT-X Installation Question

WA2SQQ
WA2SQQ Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in Third-Party Software

Having successfully installed and operated WSPR, last night I decided to try WSJT-X. It now offers “Flex 6xxx radios”, so I selected that option. According to their user page, “if you have configured your station for control by DX Lab Suite Commander, Ham Radio Deluxe, Hamlib NET rigctl, or OmniRig, you may select one of those program names. In those cases the entry field immediately under CAT Control will be relabeled as Network Server. Leave this field blank to access the default instance of your control program, running on the same computer…”

Using either the new Flex 6xxx setting, or the traditional option of Kenwood TS-2000 resulted in no CAT operation. I’m using Log4OM, which uses OmniRig, so should I be using that option? The DAX portion of the interface is working fine.

Answers

• Patrick
    Patrick Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    I am using TS480 and it works well.  This was suggested in another post. 
  • WA2SQQ
    WA2SQQ Member ✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Thanks, I'll try it this evening
  • Neal_K3NC
    Neal_K3NC Member ✭✭
    edited March 2015
    If Omnirig is working, my not use it (its easy toi set up!)
  • WA2SQQ
    WA2SQQ Member ✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Omnirig is installed as part of LOG4OM, but I was under the impression that it's part of the logging program and cannot be used for any other application. Did not have a chance since posting to try the suggestion of using TS480. Somehow, I don't think that's going to work. FWIW, I tried using the same COM ports that WSPR uses, which did not work. Am I assuming incorrectly that I can share a CAT COM port, provided that only one program uses it at a time? Or, does the CAT program assign CAT control, such that you have to have a dedicated one for each program?
  • Neal_K3NC
    Neal_K3NC Member ✭✭
    edited March 2015
    Omnirig is a COM library written by VE3NEA, the same guy that writes DXAtlas, CW Skimmer, etc. Its been out quite a while and very stable. Alex released the source code to it last year in case something new is needed in the future.

Log4OM just has an interface written for it, as do many other programs. Its fine to use it with more than just Log4om.
  • WA2SQQ
    WA2SQQ Member ✭✭
    edited January 2017
    OK, now I have a better understanding. Many thanks!
  • Andrew O'Brien
    Andrew O'Brien Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2015
    With your Flex in mind, set up several pair virtual serial ports  using something like VSPM.  Then set up DDutil to work with your Flex and DDutil will then allow you to share numerous applications .  I regularly run a Flex with logging software, WSJT-X, Fldigi, and FSQCall all at same time.
  • WA2SQQ
    WA2SQQ Member ✭✭
    edited January 2017
    I prefer no to use DDUTIL or other programs. The software that comes with the 6000 series radios is so much easier
  • Andrew O'Brien
    Andrew O'Brien Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2015
    SmartSDR is nice , but especially with DDutil

• Patrick
    Patrick Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Most useful   third party SW.  It allows me to use my Elecraft equipment as if it was a part of the Flex. I never have to touch the Amp or Tuner or the SWR/Power merer.  Love it.  They should write a version using the API as it's base.  I think this could allow more info to be used with other third party apps. 
  • Neal_K3NC
    Neal_K3NC Member ✭✭
    edited April 2015
    I think for some reason that it is more "required" software now than in the reign of PSDR. Possibly DDU has added features like the embedded Mini-Deluxe that tip it towards being requried, now.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.