Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

WSJT-X configuration problem

Jon_KF2E
Jon_KF2E Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
I'm trying to get WSJT-X configured on my new 6600. I have version 2.1.33.106 of SSDR and version 1.8.0 r8193 of WSJT-X. When I try to connect to the radio I get the error below in the image. I also showed my configuration. Anyone have any ideas?

Comments

• Jon_KF2E
    Jon_KF2E Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Also, for what it's worth, I have tried setting the rig to ts-2000 and setting up a serial CAT port with the same results.
  • Wayne Michael
    Wayne Michael Member
    edited April 2018
    I connected mine to Ham Radio Deluxe and it all works.
    I guess you would have to have that first though..  
  • Larry _ NY8T
    Larry _ NY8T Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Could a firewall be blocking it?
  • Doug Hall
    Doug Hall Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Jon,

See this:
    https://community.flexradio.com/flexradio/topics/i-am-trying-to-get-my-new-6600-working-with-wsjt-x-...
    I don't know if the 1.9 release candidate has the updated Hamlib or not, and I don't have one of the new radios to test it.

Quick fix for 1.8 is to use a CAT serial port and select TS-2000 as the rig type.

Doug K4DSP

• Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Version 1.9 has the updated Hamlib. Upgrade.
  • Jon_KF2E
    Jon_KF2E Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    1.9 fixed the issue. Thanks for the help!
  • K1DBO
    K1DBO Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Jon,

Your configuration looks like it should work.  Is there any chance your Windows firewall is not allowing WSJT-X to connect to SSDR CAT?

If you are looking for alternate ideas, Indy Dad's suggestion of using HRD to connect to the Flex worked better for me too.  When using the TCP connection to SSDR CAT, I had some trouble with random disconnects.  HRD didnt have that problem, but if you're not already set up for HRD, that might be more trouble than it's worth.

Finally, I cant reply to these configuration questions without mentioning that Slice Master 6000 will do the configuration for you.  Just install it and a couple of mouse clicks later you can have a WSJT-X instance running on as many slices as you'd like.

--Don

• Jay Spaulding
    Jay Spaulding Member
    edited April 2018
    Question is why did you use a TCP port rather then just a Serial Port?
  • Larry Loen  WO7R
    Larry Loen WO7R Member ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    I had this problem. Installing 1.9 fixed it. I recommend rc-3 as it also has a working fox and hounds mode. But 1.9 is the key.
  • 9k2od
    9k2od Member
    edited April 2018

hi there

you should use kenwood ts 2000 for the rig

chose the ptt method CAT ant set the port

dat bits is 8

stop bits one

handshake None

force control DTR Non     RTS Non

Mode None

ant it should work with you .... 73 9k2od

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited April 2018
    I disagree.  Using FLEX-**** and the TCP port is a more stable configuration and there is less latency in the control channel because the emulated serial port is not being used.
  • David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    edited April 2018
    Doug, 1.80 TS2000 support is broken also for the 6400/6600. Ts480 works. 1.90 rc3 (current as of this typing) supports the new radios as people have stated. There is a fox/hound test this weekend to try out the new DXPedition feature. All are welcome to try it out and work the two foxes. Dave wo2x

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.