WSJT-X configuration problem

• Problem
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Solved
I'm trying to get WSJT-X configured on my new 6600. I have version 2.1.33.106 of SSDR and version 1.8.0 r8193 of WSJT-X. When I try to connect to the radio I get the error below in the image. I also showed my configuration. Anyone have any ideas?

Photo of Jon - KF2E

Jon - KF2E

• 684 Posts
  • 226 Reply Likes

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Jon - KF2E

Jon - KF2E

• 684 Posts
  • 226 Reply Likes
Also, for what it's worth, I have tried setting the rig to ts-2000 and setting up a serial CAT port with the same results.
Photo of Wayne Michael

Wayne Michael

• 12 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
I connected mine to Ham Radio Deluxe and it all works.
I guess you would have to have that first though..  
Photo of Larry - W8LLL

Larry - W8LLL

• 532 Posts
  • 116 Reply Likes
Could a firewall be blocking it?
Photo of Doug Hall

Doug Hall

• 216 Posts
  • 60 Reply Likes
Jon,

See this:
https://community.flexradio.com/flexradio/topics/i-am-trying-to-get-my-new-6600-working-with-wsjt-x-...
I don't know if the 1.9 release candidate has the updated Hamlib or not, and I don't have one of the new radios to test it.

Quick fix for 1.8 is to use a CAT serial port and select TS-2000 as the rig type.

Doug K4DSP
Photo of David Decoons wo2x

David Decoons wo2x, Elmer

• 1465 Posts
  • 310 Reply Likes
Doug,

1.80 TS2000 support is broken also for the 6400/6600. Ts480 works.

1.90 rc3 (current as of this typing) supports the new radios as people have stated. There is a fox/hound test this weekend to try out the new DXPedition feature. All are welcome to try it out and work the two foxes.

Dave wo2x
Photo of Ria - N2RJ

Ria - N2RJ, Elmer

• 2314 Posts
  • 956 Reply Likes
Version 1.9 has the updated Hamlib. Upgrade.
Photo of Jon - KF2E

Jon - KF2E

• 684 Posts
  • 226 Reply Likes
Official Response
1.9 fixed the issue. Thanks for the help!
Photo of K1DBO

K1DBO

• 543 Posts
  • 112 Reply Likes
Jon,

Your configuration looks like it should work.  Is there any chance your Windows firewall is not allowing WSJT-X to connect to SSDR CAT?

If you are looking for alternate ideas, Indy Dad's suggestion of using HRD to connect to the Flex worked better for me too.  When using the TCP connection to SSDR CAT, I had some trouble with random disconnects.  HRD didnt have that problem, but if you're not already set up for HRD, that might be more trouble than it's worth.

Finally, I cant reply to these configuration questions without mentioning that Slice Master 6000 will do the configuration for you.  Just install it and a couple of mouse clicks later you can have a WSJT-X instance running on as many slices as you'd like.

--Don
Photo of Jay Spaulding

Jay Spaulding

• 66 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
Question is why did you use a TCP port rather then just a Serial Port?
(Edited)
Photo of Larry Loen  WO7R

Larry Loen WO7R

• 224 Posts
  • 33 Reply Likes
I had this problem. Installing 1.9 fixed it. I recommend rc-3 as it also has a working fox and hounds mode. But 1.9 is the key.
Photo of Osama

Osama

• 8 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

hi there

you should use kenwood ts 2000 for the rig

chose the ptt method CAT ant set the port

dat bits is 8

stop bits one

handshake None

force control DTR Non     RTS Non

Mode None

ant it should work with you .... 73 9k2od

Photo of Tim - W4TME

Tim - W4TME, Customer Experience Manager

• 9198 Posts
  • 3558 Reply Likes
I disagree.  Using FLEX-xxx and the TCP port is a more stable configuration and there is less latency in the control channel because the emulated serial port is not being used.