WSJT-X and v3.0.19 No Tx

• Question
  • Updated 6 months ago
  • (Edited)
Everything was working fine before I installed v3.0.19.  Now I do not get any output when I Tx using either SSDR or my Maestro.  This is using either one or the other and not both - I am not even going to try MultiFlex until I get this working!

I did a total (cold) power off and on of my Flex 6700, Maestro and Windows PC after the upgrade completed.

I exported all my profiles (it looks like I didn't need to re-import them?) and checked that I am still using the correct ones.

All my settings look good on both SmartSDR, the Maestro and in WSJT0X v2.0.1 and I have DAX selected in the Tx menu.  

My rig keys up fine and CAT is working fine but I am not getting any output at all.
If I change my mode to (for example) FM and key up then I am getting Tx output.  Even in DIGU mode, manual Tune still gives me an output signal.

I am seeing the same behaviour with FLDigi so I do not think it is an application setting, rather something on the Flex side which has changed over the upgrade.

I am sure it is something that I have over-looked and I would really appreciate a tip on where to look next ...

Thanks and 73,

David G4NRT / Z21NRT
Photo of David G4NRT / Z21NRT

David G4NRT / Z21NRT

• 285 Posts
  • 38 Reply Likes

Posted 6 months ago

Photo of Bob G   W1GLV

Bob G W1GLV

• 818 Posts
  • 145 Reply Likes
David, there is an additional requirement on the CAT screen, Just below the configuration wheel, it wants you to select which device you are using to control WJST-X. When you select the appropriate one it will turn PTT for that device. Hope this was helpful.

David G4NRT / Z21NRT

• 285 Posts
  • 38 Reply Likes
Thanks Bob.  

Do you mean the "Station:" setting?  That has been set either to the PC or the Maestro.  CAT and PTT are both working.  

Just to be sure it was something in v3.0.19, I downgraded the Flex 6700 and Maestro to v2.4.9 and it all worked fine.

I am now back on v3.0.19 and it still doesn't work!

David
Photo of Ed.G

Ed.G, Software Engineer

• 103 Posts
  • 29 Reply Likes
David, did you also select the Station in DAX? Does the meter for the TX channel in DAX show a level you expect? 

David G4NRT / Z21NRT

• 285 Posts
  • 38 Reply Likes
Ed, see below.  I think it was the profiles that I needed to re-load ...
Photo of Ed.G

Ed.G, Software Engineer

• 103 Posts
  • 29 Reply Likes
Thanks David. 

David G4NRT / Z21NRT

• 285 Posts
  • 38 Reply Likes
Sorted .. after reloading v3.0.19 and then loading my WSJT-X Global, Mic and Tx profiles it seems to be working now ... 

I think I will wait before trying the intricacies of MultiFlex ... 
Photo of Frank Kirschner

Frank Kirschner

• 47 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
Same here. Just upgraded to 3.0.19. WSJT-X worked once, then stopped. Now it receives, but won't transmit.  Also, Slice Master doesn't bring up WSJT-X, so there is something strange going on.

It will transmit from the PC (with no MON audio), but won't transmit at all from the Maestro.

Any ideas?
(Edited)
Photo of Yoon HL5BLI

Yoon HL5BLI

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
I also upgraded to v3.0.19 last night.

WSJT-X and RTTY all work well.

One problem, however, is that the TX monitor does not sound.
I tested with another PC, but the results are the same.

I can not find out what the problem is.

However, WSJT-X did not hear the monitor, but QSO was possible.

If someone has this experience, I would like to share it.