Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

wsjt-x and slicemaster 6000 time problem

Hello everybody

I thought I would try JT8 using wsjt-x with my flex 6500. I can not seem to get it to work. So I downloaded slicemaster 6000 and when starting I get an error about the system clock not being within tolerance. So here is what I have tried:

1. disabling mcafee antivirus for both programs in the firewall
2. meinberg time sync software

no avail. I keep getting this error and no decode in wsjt-x

sorry if this all sounds a bit cryptic but I am not totally sure of what I am doing!
Any help would be appreciated.

Answers

• Dean Davidson
    Dean Davidson Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    I remember seeing that issue your clock has to be real precise there is an app called I think timekeeper that updates every few secs to keep it in tolerance someone else may can point you in the right direction for the app
  • Paul - K6HR
    Paul - K6HR Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Have you tried running wsjt-x without running SliceMaster? Do you get the same error without SliceMaster?
  • kd5foy
    kd5foy Member ✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Strongly recommend you get WSJT-X running stand alone by following the guide below and then add SliceMaster to the mix.

https://helpdesk.flexradio.com/hc/en-us/articles/202037343-Configuring-WSJT-X-and-SmartSDR-for-Windo...

• Arvind Mallya
    Arvind Mallya Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    I can't seem to point the problem out, I have no Meinberg clock installed, just day before all of a sudden it stopped decoding, I went in and reset the Windows clock to UTC and bingo It started to decode again. Now this NUC PC of mine was inactive for a few days not sure if that had anything to do with clock not synching. Because I checked and it was good before I reset it. Regarding the settings use the instructions provided by Tim and others here, search under WSJTX I posted a while back.
  • N8AUM
    N8AUM Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    From section 7.6 of WSJT-X users guide "Computer clock properly synchronized to UTC within ±1 s"
    Also try and see if you can decode other modes like WSPR than look at "DT" to see if your system clock is off.

• Tim N9PUZ
    Tim N9PUZ Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    I followed this guide a while back and quit using Slicemaster. Both WSJT-X and FLDigi which I also configure by hand work much smoother now it seems. Less pieces in the puzzle is almost always better!

Tim N9PUZ
  • K1DBO
    K1DBO Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Tony,

Slice Master will generate that warning if your computer's clock is more than 1 second off from the correct time.  There are a couple of good solutions out there for keeping your computer's clock in sync with the rest of the world.  Meinberg is one of them.  Since you mentioned it, but Slice Master is still complaining Meinberg is probably not configured properly.  

A quick way to test your clock from your browser is to click on http://time.is This web site will tell you the current time and also tell you how far off your clock is.  If you go to this site and find that your clock is correct, but that Slice Master is still complaining, please let me know as that would indicate a defect in Slice Master.

--Don

• Tony C kc2dis
    Tony C kc2dis Member
    edited May 2019
    Thank you. This website informs me that my clock is four seconds ahead...
  • Tony C kc2dis
    Tony C kc2dis Member
    edited May 2019
    just a follow up.. its all working now. I set the clock manually to 1 sec of time as per suggestion and set the slice receiver to digital. I had it set on LSB. spots are working now and everything else. Thanks to all for the help!
  • WK2Y
    WK2Y Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    I use a program, Dimension 4 that continuously updates my PC clock. It synchronizes with a bunch of time servers, and my time is rarely more than .2 seconds off. I never think about the time and it means I can use the PC clock to start my WSPRLite which needs to be started manually.73, Bob, WK2Y
  • Arvind Mallya
    Arvind Mallya Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Thank you I forgot about this Website. I used to use way back. Perfect way to tell if the PC clock is off, mine is accurate and able to decode WSJTX.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.