Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

WSJT-X and JTDX Radio set up......

YV5WZ
YV5WZ Member ✭✭
edited December 2019 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
Hello everyone!!

Happy New year!!!

I wish all you a Great 2019

Since January 1st I'm operating on FT8 mode from Porto Alegre, Brazil with my PY3ZZZ callsign
If you see me around, your welcome to say hi, instead of "73".... just say Flex!! :)

in 48 hours I have made 360 QSO (169 confirmed ) and 60 countries....

Remember my call PY3ZZZ.

Ok my question, Im still using Kenwood Ts-480 in WSJT-X and JTDX as setup for my flex 6600,
I wonder if anyone of you have chosen Flex6XXX for setting up, software has been upgrading many times since I used first time

Any experience to share?

Best Regards!!

and again Great Year 2019

George, PY3ZZZ.....and of course YV5WZ

Answers

• Duane_AC5AA
    Duane_AC5AA Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Hi George - no answer to your question, but I worked you on FT8 last night or the day before.  Tnx and HNY!   From 'AA to 'ZZZ.
  • YV5WZ
    YV5WZ Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Heyyyy!!! Duane ...of course ...you were "boooming" on Brazil....Sent you PLUS ONE!!!....many "Caipirinas" (local drink) available at that moment  hehehehe

How much drive? what antenna you have?

Cheers...and thanks for contact

George
  • Sergey R5AU
    Sergey R5AU Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    George , you can find the answer in the my post within this thread https://community.flexradio.com/flexr...
  • YV5WZ
    YV5WZ Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Excellent!!!!..
    большое спасибо!!!

George
  • Sergey R5AU
    Sergey R5AU Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    С Новым Годом !
  • Duane_AC5AA
    Duane_AC5AA Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Hey George!  I was running my 6600 at 80w into a G5RV Jr. just above the roof.  I'm stuck on a small city lot here in Austin, so am constrained antenna-wise.  We must have had a good transequatorial path open at the time.  Tnx for the Q!
  • Steven WA8Y
    Steven WA8Y Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Yes George, I am using WSJT-X with my 6600. Radio seyup for Flex is easy to follow. HNY and many Caipirinas!
  • Steven WA8Y
    Steven WA8Y Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Yes George, I am using WSJT-X with my 6600. Radio seyup for Flex is easy to follow. HNY and many Caipirinas! I use version 2.3.9
  • Preston Mclaggan
    edited December 2019

I too have seen you on the band...de g4mla
  • N8SDR
    N8SDR Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Using the Flex 6K setting for radio type in both WSJT-X and JTDX no issues
  • YV5WZ
    YV5WZ Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Great!!! with 80w....!! :)
  • YV5WZ
    YV5WZ Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Thank you Steven .....I did....and its working "Smoothie" and  with a great taste  with some strawberry caipirinas  hehehehe
  • YV5WZ
    YV5WZ Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Please Next time  call me!!!!   Great Year for you Preston!!
  • YV5WZ
    YV5WZ Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    I'm enjoying it now......not issues neither

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.