Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

WSJT--X and CW Skimmer Stopped Working

Greg
Greg Member ✭✭
edited January 2020 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
CW Skimmer and WSJT-X stopped working. No signals on the WSJT-X waterfall spectrum display. I show a good input level on the level indicator. If I open an old wave file from before the problem started I get a good decode, using a current wave file no decode. I listened to the wave file and there is no audio only some low level hum. For CW Skimmer I see distorted signals, noise, on the display. DM-780 does decode CW and PSK-31 correctly.

Flex 6400
WSTJ-X ver 2.1.2
CW Skimmer ver 2.1
Slice Master ver 0.10.7b
SmartSDR ver 3.1.8

This problem started after I reverted to the default profile from a saved one I had created. Not sure if the profile had anything to do with the issue.

Comments

• AH0U
    AH0U Member
    edited January 2020
    Look Inthe DAX panel and see if it is streaming while using WSJT or CWSkimmer... no DAX, no decode even with Slicemaster
  • Greg
    Greg Member ✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Slice A shows good level in the DAX panel. Tried to use DAX RX 2 which is what DM-780 was using and still no signal in WSJT-X. Seems to point to Slice Master not correctly connecting the signal to WSJT-X?
  • AH0U
    AH0U Member
    edited January 2020
    Look in SliceMaster to see if the slice has launched using the launch tab... by mode. And that SSDR is in the proper mode... DIGU
  • Greg
    Greg Member ✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Slice Master is loading WSJT-X by Mode, set to DIGIU using slice A.
  • AH0U
    AH0U Member
    edited January 2020
    Check the Sync tab and the TCP CAT listener setting
  • K1DBO
    K1DBO Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Bruce,

The the TCP CAT listener on the sync tab is an alternative to using the TCP port option on SSDR CAT.  It is intended for use by programs NOT launched by Slice Master.  When Slice Master launches a program it will internally allocate a rig control port just for the program being launched.  

--Don

• K1DBO
    K1DBO Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Greg,

Have you tried rebooting the radio and/or restarting the DAX control panel?  I find that if I run the radio or DAX too long without a restart the DAX audio gets corrupted and decodes fail to happen.  While I really do hate to suggest it, rebooting the computer too wont hurt either.

--Don

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.