Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

WSJT-X 1.8 RC1

Comments

• KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020

Been running the new JT8 mode included in V1.8 since yesterday...

15 sec turn around per message

Automated Message Sequencing -

Really fast Q's  - Almost feels like contesting

Got a couple of dozen countries yesterday

The only downside is that it does not seem to be able to decode below -20dB

• Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Ditto.
    I saw a bunch of stations on 20 when tuning remotely from my office yesterday evening.  There had to be about 35 of them all stacked up!

When I got home and finally downloaded the program and updated my rig, it was almost midnight.  I worked three DX stations in KH6, VK, & ZL on 20 Meters within 8 minutes.  Slick!

But a little later, listening on 40 Meters, There were several stations visible and audible on my Flex 6500, but they were not decoding.

I never got anyone to decode below -18 dB on 20 Meters.  But there were some other stations.

Perhaps I haven't gotten my DAX RX audio level set right.... or perhaps their signals weren't clean....

I hope to be on some more this evening.

Ken - NM9P
  • Mike W9OJ
    Mike W9OJ Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    The little blue digital audio gain slider doesn't seem to have any effect any more.
  • Mark - W6MSB
    Mark - W6MSB Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    There was a rather exhaustive discussion on the Yahoo! group that indicated that the little blue slider was never intended to be used for audio gain. For us Flex users, adjusting the audio level on the DAX slider is the way to go. 73, Mark, W6MSB
  • Paul M
    Paul M Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    It is a fast mode.  It is a real workout for my reflexes!

Paul -W4PGM
  • R. Kirk
    R. Kirk Member
    edited June 2020
    Can the WSJT X program be configured for the Flex 1500?  No provisions in the settings menu for this.  There is a selection for the 6000 Flex series to configure the COM ports but nothing for the 1500. The PTT will configure and work for the 1500.
  • George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Select Kenwood TS2000 emulation.
  • R. Kirk
    R. Kirk Member
    edited August 2017
    It Works!!!  Thank YOU.
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    is there a step by step in setting this up on the 6500?
    I am setting up on linux on another computer on the same network as the radio
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    I am having trouble moving the wsjtx-1.8.0-rc1-win32.exe  to computer,,it will not copy or install ?  win 7 64bit
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    ok, have it installed, can someone help me configure it for my Flex 6500?
  • David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    edited August 2017
    In SmartSDR CAT create a TCP CAT port 5004 for slice A. Create a PTT Com port with RTs enabled. In WSJT-x setup/radio tab select Flex 6xxx and in the network server box enter 127.0.0.1:5004. For PTT choose RTS and enter the PTT com port number you created. For mode select Data/Packet for Split select Fake It. Dave wo2x
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    thanks dave

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.