Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

wsjt running remote on my 6400 is working fine but the received signals decode after a 1-4 second de

Howard AE3T
Howard AE3T Member
edited August 2019 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
wsjt running remote on my 6400 is working fine but the received signals decode after a 1-4 second delay. Everything is working fine except for the delay in the received text showing on the screen of my computer for anywhere from 1-4 seconds. This makes operating FT8 very difficult.
Howard AE3T

Answers

• Steven WA8Y
    Steven WA8Y Member ✭✭
    edited March 2019
    I have no big delays.  My FT8 works very well.  Using v 2.3.9, I open DAX and CAT on PC in Shack.  Maestro or just SmartSDR work fine.  I open WSJT-X on PC in Shack using Real VNC.
  • John - AI4FR
    John - AI4FR Member ✭✭
    edited July 2019
    So that's where you have been Howard. Hmm, could be several things but let's try the easiest first. Is it safe to assume you have restarted everything fresh? If so, go to "decode" at the top of wsjt and try either fast or normal without AP enabled. Other issues could be system resources, running wsjt in high priority, PC clock, two-pass encoding, etc. Let's get this figured out as we miss seeing your signal out there.
  • JohnSweeney
    JohnSweeney Member ✭✭
    edited August 2019
    I am operating remotely.  I have done extensive tests comparing FT8 running on the remote PC vs. running FT8 on a PC on the same LAN as the radio and operating WSJT-X remotely.   I found a way to run both at the same time.   Operating WSJT-X on average adds 0.1 seconds - negligible and not a problem.  Unfortunately, and I do not know the reason, using WSJT-X remotely over DAX misses a bunch of FT8 transmissions.  I recommend running FT8 on a PC local to the radio.   I would be happy to run more tests for Flex using FT8 over DAX, but it is only 95% of using it locally.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.