Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

WSJT (not WSJT-X) with FLEX-6700 and SSDR

William Hein
William Hein Member ✭✭
edited May 2019 in SmartSDR for Windows
What is the recommended way to set up FLEX-6000 / SSDR and WSJT 10 (note NOT WSJT-X)?  have audio working but don't know what to put for PTT Port, DTR, and RTS.

Perhaps PTT port is the "Serial: COM4" that SmartSDR CAT shows, but if so what about DTR and RTS?

Anything else I should know about WSJT with FLEX-6700 ??? Just getting on 6m for some JT65A EME?

Bill AA7XT

Answers

• Phil M0VSE
    Phil M0VSE Member ✭✭
    edited September 2016
    Within the SmartSDR CAT control panel, you need to create another serial port of type PTT, set it to RTS or DTR (or both) and in WSJT use the created serial port number for PTT and select RTS or DTR (whichever you set in CAT)

73 Phil
  • William Hein
    William Hein Member ✭✭
    edited November 2018
    I think I figured it out, SSDR CAT 1.6.9 works a little different than before but PTT seems to working OK with WSJT 10 now
  • Jay Nation
    Jay Nation Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Oh Noooooo! Mr. Bill
    Another 1.6 teaser.image

73, Jay - NO5J
  • Ken - WA8JXM
    Ken - WA8JXM Member
    edited February 2017
    I don't know about WSJT-10, but -X and most other software programs communicate through the one serial port  and send control the transceiver via commands, not DTR, RTS or PTT

• rich
    rich Member
    edited March 2016
    Ken, these two packages, -10 and -X are different with respect to PTT.  One needs to physically configure this with -10.  GL 73 Rich, K3VAT

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.