Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Wrong mode in logbook

HI All

Using Log4OM when I am on RTTY it does not log as RTTY it stays at the last mode I used, So if I switch my Flex from SSB to RTTY the logbook will still think its in SSB,

I can toggle through all modes SSB/CW/FM/AM ect and log4om will follow but when I select RTTY it does not move to it,

I have the latest Omnirig files on my PC

Anyone have any ideas

Thanks
Trevor
EI2GLB

Answers

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    Make sure you have the latest smartSDR.ini file for OmniRig.
  • Jay Spaulding
    Jay Spaulding Member
    edited March 2017
    What are you using for a decoder and also you are doing RTTY on USB on most programs..
    So its not log in them wrong/ If you are using FLDigi and have it setup so when you log it goes over to Log40M automatically it will correct the problem.  
  • Bob Kozlarek
    Bob Kozlarek Member
    edited March 2017
    Wo2x had this same issue he contacted the support team for log4om who I believe was already aware of the problem. It should be corrected in version 2 of the Locking program. Hopefully Dave will see this message and respond.
  • Trevor-EI2GLB
    Trevor-EI2GLB Member
    edited March 2017
    Hi TIm
    Yes I updated both Log4om and Omnirig today to the latest versions,

Thanks
    Trevor
  • David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    edited June 2020

Omnirig does NOT support true RTTY mode. One of the drawbacks of Log4OM until their 2.0 comes out (if/when). I've contacted the author of OmniRig and even with a modified ini it still will not support true native RTTY from the Flex. (mode 30 I believe)

Ham Radio Deluxe seems to be on recovery mode from their ownership blowup and the 6.4 version which is being released this week works quite well (finally).

Thanks all I have for now :-)

Dave wo2x

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.