Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Wrong CD for 6300

Top Dawg
Top Dawg Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
My 6300 came with a CD marked "SmartSDR Version 1.3.8" however all the files are for Flex-3000 and 5000 series radios and the software is PowerSDR V2.7.2. Can I either get the proper CD or are the files on the website? I have SmartSDR that I downloaded here but I was mainly concerned about any auxiliary files. I've also gone through all of the files in the download section. Thanks Robert AA6UP

Answers

• EA4GLI
    EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    http://www.flexradio.com/support/down... As far as auxiliary... What do you mean? SmartSDR comes with everything you need. It's not like powersdr that needed extras. I would add DDutil & SDR-Bridge
  • Top Dawg
    Top Dawg Member ✭✭
    edited January 2016
    Thanks, I did download as much as there was in the download section that related to the 6300.
  • EA4GLI
    EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Then you are pretty much set. We are supposed to get 1.6 very soon, so I wouldn't install and configure anything until then. It is a major revamp if dax and cat so a lot of ancillary apps will need to be updated and/or reconfigure. Still my advice about DDutil, SDR Bridge, and pretty much all of (k9dur) Ray's apps stands. Really useful.
  • Brent Parker
    Brent Parker Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016

Robert

Just follow the links the guys have posted above, and download just the 1.5.1 installer. It will install the smartsdr, the cat driver and dax drivers. You don't need any other downloads, to start.

When done, click on the smardsdr icon on your desktop. Your radio should be there. Click on it to connect. The radio might need a firmware upgrade. If it does, the smartsdr 1.5.1 will upgrade the radio. It will take a little bit, but eventually it will get done and then you can connect.

When the next version (1.6) arrives, you'll download it from the website, install it to your desktop, connect to the radio, and it will upgrade the radio, to match your desktop. The older versions are on the website too, if you ever run into an issue with a new release and want to revert. It's the same process. Have it installed on the desktop and click on the radio and it will downgrade it.

Hope that helps. Best of luck

W8XG Brent

• Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    That is the neat thing about SDR's and Flex...the software is just a click or two away!
  • Top Dawg
    Top Dawg Member ✭✭
    edited January 2016
    I thank everyone who responded...the community in this place is fantastic!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.