Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Writelog SoundWave error when using SSB F key messages with 6700

Options
Chuck
Chuck Member ✭✭
I can't get the F key messages to work with WL and my 6700.  I have tried recording on the fla and recording with Audacity.  I am using the proper setup with Audacity and exporting the messages as wav files. I can listen to them and they sound fine. When I try to send them, I get a "Writelog Sound SoundWave Error"  I have expended countless hours on this to no avail!

Answers

• Craig_KØCF
    Craig_KØCF Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Options
    First, see the WriteLog support page: https://writelog.com/wav-files-for-transmission
    Pay particular attention to the wave file requirements:
    • 1-channel (mono)
    • 16 bit samples
    • Either 11025Hz (CD-compatible) or, if you change writelog.ini, 12000Hz (DVD-compatible)
    Next, start the WriteLog Soundboard Mixer control program, found in the WriteLog section of your Windows Start menu.
    The Radio Audio settings should be:
      xmit(s) from PC: DAX Audio TX (FlexRadio Systems
      DVK mic:  DAX MIC Audio (FlexRadio System
      rec(s) to PC:  DAX Audio RX 1 (FlexRadio Syste
    Audio review should be your PC Speakers.

Note that WriteLog uses msg1, msg2, etc as the names for the audio files, however you may name them anything you would like. I use the text that is spoken as the file name, i.e. my callsign is named k0cf.wav, sent exchange for ARRL DX is 59-Italy-Alpha.wav, etc. You must change the name in the CW-SSB-RTTY message dialog in WriteLog to match your file names.

To send the messages, you must have "DAX" enabled in the SmartSDR transmit control panel, and should have PTT set up in WriteLog as shown in the Flex driver documentation.

I have been using WriteLog SSB messages for many years without any problems, and it was very easy to adapt the setup to the Flex. It works great!

Craig, KØCF

• John Kludt
    John Kludt Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Craig,

The one thing you left our is the location of the mic - did you plug it into the Flex or into the computer?  The standard Writelog setup is to plug the mic into the computer/soundcard and run everything through it all of the time.

John K4SQC

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.