Writelog rig type?

• Question
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Answered
Hello all,

I'm trying to setup Writelog contest logging software and getting hung up on the first part of the process.  No flex radios are available in the "Rig Type" pull down menu.  If anyone using Writelog could tell me how they setup this up, it would be much appreciated.  Thanks.
Photo of vin mar

vin mar

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Neal - K3NC

Neal - K3NC, Elmer

• 561 Posts
  • 191 Reply Likes
Official Response
TS2000 is always a safe choice!
Photo of Bob G   W1GLV

Bob G W1GLV

• 815 Posts
  • 145 Reply Likes
Vin, if you go into writelog's download area you see the following:

WlFlex1128a.exe (2015/07/05) This is a WriteLog rig driver for the FlexRadio 6000 series rigs. With this rig driver WriteLog reads and controls Flex 6000 series rigs without need for the Flex SmartSDR CAT control and virtual COM ports and Kenwood TS-2000 rig emulation, etc. This rig driver is compatible with all WriteLog versions since 11.01. But WriteLog 11.27 recognizes additional interfaces in this rig driver that simplify WriteLog’s display of the Flex rig discovery results as well as certain error conditions.

Once you install these drivers your setup problems are over.
Photo of Tim - W4TME

Tim - W4TME, Customer Experience Manager

• 9197 Posts
  • 3557 Reply Likes
All hail the API!  A CAT free world is a better world!
Photo of James Kennedy-WU5E

James Kennedy-WU5E

• 338 Posts
  • 35 Reply Likes

Ok were do I find WlFlex 1128a.exe   I just bought and downloaded 12.13B Jan 17 version and can't find the radio.

Jim

wu5e

Photo of Wayne, W5XD

Wayne, W5XD

• 18 Posts
  • 6 Reply Likes
In the time since this post, the 11.28a version was replaced on that same page, WriteLog Versions, with 11.28g which fixes several issues.