Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Writelog and its awesome contest simulator- Wov!!!

With the contest season approaching I thought I would share some new insight I have gained to the Flex community. 
Being a little fanatic about SO2R with Flexradio I have spent the last month testing Flex suitability for SO2R with different logger programs. I plan to make a more elaborate report when time allows but I must share my recent experiences with Writelog and its fabulous contest super simulator (CSS). Latter has been developed by Wayne W5XD and he has been extremely helpful last weeks with dozens of email back and forth to get it "rocking" for my PC and Flex.
I must say that CSS is really awesome when I got it to work for SO2R. The good part is you may use the CSS with a new "runmode script" he has developed that makes SO2R and duelling CQ a "kids game". You even can use the CSS with the WL demo with some few limitations. The really unique part is that you may do SO2R with CQ on band and then with other radio S&P by using the tumb wheel and finding new stations on the band map, Very realistic!! Very cool!!

Here are some links from my blog about CSS: http://remotedxandcontestblog.sm0hrp.se/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/Contest-simulataor-SO2R-SM0HRP.jp...
The way to configure WL with Flex can bee seen here: http://remotedxandcontestblog.sm0hrp.se/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/WL_6700_config.jpg

So if you are looking for a new, IMO, best Flex contest simulator on market try the CSS. 
GL and see you in the contests -  perhaps next week in SAC CW?
73s Kari SM0HRP

Comments

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.