Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Wow... Just nabbed Antarctica on 25w JT65 on my new wire ant!!!

Mark_WS7M
Mark_WS7M Member ✭✭✭
edited February 2017 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
Wondered if he'd come back and he gave me a -01!

DP1POL, 20m JT65

Sweet!

Comments

• Norm - W7CK
    Norm - W7CK Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    I use to run phone patches for KC4AAA when I lived up in Alaska.  I bet over the years I ran 75-100 phone patches for them and most of the time I was only running 100w.  I had two different antennas - TH5MK2 (triband beam) at about 60' and a Lazy H (wire antenna) hung up in some really tall trees.  The top wire of the Lazy H was a little over 100' agl.   Many times the Lazy H had a better signal than the beam at 60'.  I love wire antennas.   I haven't heard anyone on a phone patch for many years now.

What is your "new wire antenna"?   I hope its a home built one!

• Jim Hawkins / K2JHV
    edited December 2015
    Congratulations, Mark!  I'm glad to see that you did it with a wire antenna.  That's all I've got.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.