Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Wouldn't it be nice if... (part 18b)

Options
Roy Laufer
Roy Laufer Member ✭✭
edited May 2017 in New Ideas
Wouldn't it be nice if it were possible to keep all the DAX audio lines, live, even after SSDR is exited? I have three computers scattered around my house and since you can't easily remotely '****' SSDR on networked computers, it would be nice to be able to passively listen and if control were needed, SSDR could be started and later quit without interrupting the audio output...

(Please, no description of remotely accessing networked computers.)

Any opinions?

Comments

• EA4GLI
    EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Options
    I'm trying to understand.... What would be the audio you would be listening to? One slice? The last slice? Several slices?
  • Michael Coslo
    Michael Coslo Member ✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Here's something I found out last night.....

I have two computers I run SmartSDR on. My main computer is an iMac running W7. The other is a Dell I've been trying out W10 on.

Getting back from vacation in Florida, I  downloaded and installed the latest update for SmartSDR, on the Dell first. got it running and all worked well. I left it on.

Then I started up the iMac in Bootcamp. As usual, DAX and the CAT programs started up.

And there, prior to my update, it told me the radio was connected, and the DAX was definitely working, you could see the signal levels.

So  you probably can listen to a DAX stream outside of SmartSDR and on a different computer. Now I'm wondering about a way to record the stream easily

This is definitely in the experimental arena. I didn't do any further, as I was still recovering from the trip home, and the old brainpan gets a little dum at these times.  Perhaps tomorrow when I'm my usual irascible self.
  • Roy Laufer
    Roy Laufer Member ✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Slices A thru H would still be 'live' with the audio output of the frequencies last selected before SSDR was shut down.

As a small example, I have some popular local Repeaters selected on the top 6 slices using one profile. From any computer in the house I can see, by the activity on my DAX control panel, when the squelch has been broken and can select that device to listen to.

If I shut down the one existing SSDR running, this all disappears.

If it didn't disappear, and I wanted to talk to someone on a certain repeater, I could just run SSDR on that computer and operate my 6700 remotely.

Right now I either have to remote-RDP onto my shack's computer or run in and **** SDR on the shack computer and run it on one of the other computers.

It is all 'do-able' (much like a 'light-bulb antenna'), but not the most streamlined solution...
  • Roy Laufer
    Roy Laufer Member ✭✭
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I think you saw a 'glitch' - DAX remaining 'live' has no technical limitations, as I see it. It just requires a little software implementation.

I use I-sound Recorder for Windows 7 and Multi-Channel Sound Recorder (both from Abyssmedia) to record all 8 slices simultaneously with time stamps.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.