Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Would love to control my future 6600M from a touch screen monitor.

Gary Johnson
Gary Johnson Member
edited August 2019 in New Ideas
Was at South Texas ARRL Convention this last weekend and my future 6600M is SWEET. What I would like to see added though is a way to connect my 21 inch touch screen monitor and have the touch capability on the monitor control the radio. Or have the touch capability of my laptop control the radio. Dreams dreams dreams I realize, but you don't get if you don't ask!!

Comments

• Craig_KØCF
    Craig_KØCF Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019

This is already easily done... Just run Smart SDR on your desktop or notebook computer. I have a touch screen laptop and Smart SDR responds quite nicely to the touch screen. In my estimation, Smart SDR is far superior to Maestro, or to the new "M" models.

Craig, K0CF

• WG5D
    WG5D Member ✭✭
    edited August 2017
    I agree with Craig - I use SmartSDR on a touchscreen laptop and the touchscreen can control the radio quite well. 
  • Clay N9IO
    Clay N9IO Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    OK Craig you have me in a second ah ha moment.  Have you tried this with two monitors?  Also, what do you recommend for a reasonably (read cheap) priced touch monitor in the 23-25 inch range?
  • Craig_KØCF
    Craig_KØCF Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2017

Clay,

Yes, I have two  monitors in my home station setup -- a Dell 30" 2560x1600 and a Dell 24" 1920x1080. The real estate is very nice for SmartSDR, DX4Win, PstRotator, DDUtil, FRStack, a gray-line map, etc. Even a 30" monitor is not enough for all that at once. Unfortunately, neither monitor is touch-screen. I have not looked for touch-screen monitors, so I can't help you there. My Dell XPS-15 notebook is a 3200x1800 pixel touch-screen, and that is really nice with SmartSDR when I am operating remote.

Craig, KØCF

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.