Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Working split CW with HRD DM780

N6WT Kent
N6WT Kent Member ✭✭
edited May 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
While working split CW mode in DM780 (latest version) on my Flex 6500 (SSDR 1.6), I set up 2 slices. The "A" slice is the receive slice and the "B" is the transmit slice. If I hit send in DM780, the transmit is switched to slice "A". How to keep the transmit on Slice "B"? Im sure this is a HRD problem but I thought I would ask here.

Thanks
Kent
NC6B

Answers

• Al K0VM
    Al K0VM Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Kent,
      If you DM780 CW unvolves using a CAT port for PTT, then you can create a new port or edit an existing port in SSDR CAT and configure it with 'Audo Switch TX SLice' disabled.

YMMV

AL, K0VM
  • N6WT Kent
    N6WT Kent Member ✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Thanks Al.

I need to read more about the new CAT control.

I was in a bit of a hurry trying to work K5P.

Kent
  • Walt - KZ1F
    Walt - KZ1F Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Kent, the other thing to configure, or reconfigure, is the DM 780 audio channels for rcv and tx. Set rcv to slice a and tx to slice b or the 1.6 equivalent. My point being be sure to tell dm-780 about the split.
  • N6WT Kent
    N6WT Kent Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Walt
    it was my impression that with the WinKeyer emulation I dont have to set the Transmit sound card, at least for CW? Other things like PSK, ect I do?

Thanks
    Kent
  • Walt - KZ1F
    Walt - KZ1F Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Kent, I can barely spell WinKeyer so I can't answer that but I would still think you'd have to tell dm-780 where to listen from and where to speak into. Tim, likely, will have a definitive answer.
  • Ian1
    Ian1 Member ✭✭
    edited January 2016
    Only 1 transmit key so you need to configure this in CAT I think.
  • Walt - KZ1F
    Walt - KZ1F Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Strictly speaking dm-780 doesn't know from slice a, dax rcv 1 and dax tx whatever. But, by all means play with it u til it transmts.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.