Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

working remote advice please for 6300 and maestro

steve turner
steve turner Member
edited November 2019 in Maestro
hi all
ive just purchased a second user 6300 and maestro running smartsdr v1.11.12 i have the 6300 set up working fine through my router and net switch i want to know how to set the maestro to work remote the only referance i can find is the settings for smartsdr v2 using smartlink does this mean its not possible to run remote with v 1,11,12 
many thanks steve

Answers

• Jay Nation
    Jay Nation Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Steve

Smartlink features are only available using SmartSDRv2 releases.

#FlexRadio IRC chat

For real-time discussions

SDRgadgets

User created documentation.
               Volunteer!!

73, Jay - NO5J

• Art - N4QNT
    Art - N4QNT Member ✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Hello Steve, it’s well worth it but get ready to spend another $200 for version 2.0 to utilize remote, not only with your Maestro but pc laptops, tablets and IOS devices.. Have fun
  • steve turner
    steve turner Member
    edited May 2019
    hi jay and Art thanks for the reply and information i was hoping to try the maestro out remote before spending anymore money as iam not sure the maestro is a keeper yet but love the 6300
    thanks guys
  • Jay Nation
    Jay Nation Member ✭✭
    edited September 2018

Steve 

Your probably going to like the Maestro, even without Smartlink. Smartlink wasn't even a thing when I purchased my Maestro, and I'd never want to be without it. I don't have any use for remote yet. My shack, antennas, etc. are all in my backyard. And I don't travel all that well. Someday I may want to open up my rig and antennas for others to use remotely though. 

SmartSDR is evolving, v2 and up is where the fixes and new features are being added. To me that's enough of a reason to purchase v2. Version 1 was good enough, until version 2 arrived. Version 2 is getting better, Version 1 isn't.

No real rush to making the purchase though, wait till you understand why you might want to. 

#FlexRadio IRC chat

For real-time discussions

SDRgadgets

User created documentation.
               Volunteer!!

73, Jay - NO5J

• George Fenwick
    edited September 2018
    Play with the Maestro at home for awhile. Porch, tv room, by the pool! Great to have.
  • steve turner
    steve turner Member
    edited September 2018
    hi george thanks for reply do you mean by using a ethernet lead from the shack i dont know how to get it working remote 
    cheers steve
  • Dave Spencer
    Dave Spencer Member ✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Steve, you can connect your Maestro to your LAN with either an Ethernet cable or wirelessly. It'd be an idea, if you haven't already, to grab the relevant manuals from the Flex website
  • steve turner
    steve turner Member
    edited September 2018
    Thanks Dave yep I got the idea now I’ll try wireless to lan Great idea it’s all new to me 73
  • George Fenwick
    edited September 2018
    Steve, simply connect the Maestro to your WiFi and control the 6300 from anywhere in or around the house. I use my Maestro all the time but have never used it “remote”away from the house. It is not in my shack.
  • John - K3MA
    John - K3MA Member ✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Steve

As indicated by others you can operate remote by setting up a VPN.  It is much simpler to do it with V2 software.

IF using a VPN you will need to read the info posted on this forum and be prepared for some work as it can take some effort and will require a computer in the shack and also one at the remote location.  The benefit is you save the $200 on upgrading to V2 and  you can utilize digital programs while remote if the bandwidth supports it.

Using V2 makes the setup very easy.  You only need to open a couple ports in your router.  You also get some additional improvements in the program if you update.

If you are a big digital mode user then the VPN solution would be best, if not then V2 is best.  Or do both so you have flexibility.

I hope that answers your question.

John K3MA
  • steve turner
    steve turner Member
    edited September 2018
    thanks to all for your comments a lot of good ideas need to do some reading thanks guys 
    steve g1ppa

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.