Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Work HF antenna and 6-Meter Yagi Simultaneously on FLEX-6500

Mike W8MM
Mike W8MM Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in New Ideas
I've seen a few questions about simultaneously monitoring or working HF and 6-Meters with a FLEX-6500.  Typically this involves some HF antenna (Tri-bander?) and a 6-Meter Yagi.

It's pretty easy to use an HF/6-meter duplexer to connect both antennas to a single antenna port on the 6500.  Now, one can enjoy having different panadapters open on 6, 10, 12 and 15, all receiving and displaying band activity.  The Comet CF-360B duplexer seems just right for this duty.

The only drawback is not being able to fully use the internal antenna tuner for transmitting through the duplexer into a poorly matched antenna.  This setup works very well for both transmit and receive barefoot into low-vswr antennas.

It can even be used to feed separate KW amps (one for HF, one for 6) which might have their own internal tuners.  A simple SPDT switch feeding the keying line to either KW PA solves the keying issue.

Comments

• Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    I have that duplexer, bought for exactly this purpose while anticipating arrival of my 6500 last august, but never got the six meter squalo up. I plan to get it done this weekend!
  • Ernest - W4EG
    Ernest - W4EG Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019

Thank you Mike,

Never thought of doing that: I will integrate the duplexer for multi bands operation. 

Now the only thing I wish is that Flex add eight antenna input for each slides on my F-6700!  LOL

• philip.theis
    philip.theis Member ✭✭
    edited December 2014
    6700 does this seamlessly, it's beyond 2 bands that becomes the switching challenge, but we'll get there when we get data out of the I2C
    Fun getting ten bands or more into the XVTR port

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.