WoooH Hooooo!! Invoiced received for 6400!!!

• Praise
  • Updated 7 months ago
Just received my 6400 order invoice and just sent payment via Pay Pal !  My order was placed on Septemper 28, 2017 (09/28/2017)

Actually it may have shown up earlier in the day BUT I was out with the XYL celebrating her 19th birthday (she does not allow me to use the figure for her age that actually coincides with her birth certificate hihi)

Anyhow, I am stoked!!

---Gary WB8ROL
Photo of Gary L. Robinson

Gary L. Robinson

• 237 Posts
  • 46 Reply Likes
  • Ecstatic

Posted 7 months ago

Photo of Doug

Doug

• 98 Posts
  • 31 Reply Likes
I would be stoked myself if I had a 19 year old wife ! My 6400M has been sitting at the UPS hub in Earth City, Mo for 4 days. Hopefully it will start moving again tonight or tomorrow.
Photo of W0DRO

W0DRO

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Ordered my 6400 July, 2017 still waiting for tracking number.
Photo of N5LB - Lionel

N5LB - Lionel

• 29 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
Just got my tracking number!

Gary L. Robinson

• 237 Posts
  • 46 Reply Likes
Just got my tracking number from U.P.S. !!!!!!!!!   Won't be long now!

Gary L. Robinson

• 237 Posts
  • 46 Reply Likes
U.P.S. tracking says my 6400 will be here Friday!!!!  Got the computer and space all ready for it.

---Gary  WB8ROL

Gary L. Robinson

• 237 Posts
  • 46 Reply Likes
I am staying home ALL DAY Friday until my 6400 is delivered!  Front living room door will be open inward and the outer glass storm door will be closed keeping the cold out.   I can sit in my easy chair with  perfect view of the front of the house until U.P.S.  delivers my box hihi  Their deliveries are seldom predictable.  Sometimes as early as 8:00 am or as late as 6-7:00pm.  And they tap and run usually hihi

So, I will be ready for them :-)

---Gary WB8ROL
Photo of Jeff-W7NEE

Jeff-W7NEE

• 33 Posts
  • 8 Reply Likes
Was invoiced on Monday paid Wednesday and received my tracking number today! For my 6600. I may just have to keep my door open as well as I wait for mine to arrive next Wednesday!
(Edited)

Gary L. Robinson

• 237 Posts
  • 46 Reply Likes
My 6400 arrived mid afternoon today!   Package in good shape, radio in perfect shape, XYL happy to not hear me whine any more about not having my SDR radio hihi

I had no trouble getting things hooked up and no problem getting SmartSDR installed and working!  Pretty painless, but I had a 6300 before on 1.x software so I have done a few installs before hihi.

My biggest problem was getting rid of some rather bad RF problems - which turned out to partially be caused by operating on the wrong antenna hihi   Well, I spent some time cleaning up the operating desk environment, cables, rearranged things and finally got rid of RF problems - and hooked up the proper antenna I thought I was on earlier.

My first QSO with the rig was on 40mtr SSB.  A fellow from Texas with same name as mine answered my CQ -  and HE had JUST gotten his NEW Flex 6600M delivered today!  We both chatted for half an hour with great signals and audio! 

Feels great to have a great SDR rig back in the shack.  Thanks Flex guys!

---Gary WB8ROL
Photo of Bill -VA3WTB

Bill -VA3WTB

• 2771 Posts
  • 610 Reply Likes
Very nice Gary, Did the other guy like his new radio as well?

Gary L. Robinson

• 237 Posts
  • 46 Reply Likes
Yes, he had the 6600M and was really happy with it.  This was his first SDR rig and so far he had no major problems but I don't know if he had tried digital or other things that may take some thoughtful work to implement.  Anyhow, we both seemed to be having a great day.

---Gary  WB8ROL
Photo of Bill -VA3WTB

Bill -VA3WTB

• 2771 Posts
  • 610 Reply Likes
I always wonder about these people who are new to Flex, must be a whole new world for them.

Gary L. Robinson

• 237 Posts
  • 46 Reply Likes
I am particularly worried about some of the new guys/gals who get the M models thinking they may not have to learn as much since it has knobs, etc.  There may be a little truth in that but it is still not the same as having an analog rig hihi

I do see a small problem/error now on my home made add on client.  It is showing the rig voltage to be 3.3v hihi  I am pretty sure that is not the case since the rig is working real well.  I need to update the DLL's for the latest API and check out the changes, obviously.

The temperature readout on my add-on client seems OK but obviously has been some changes, etc. in the API I need to address  :-)

Well, the radio itself and latest SmartSDR have not had any glitches here so far except for ones induced me hihi  It's been running over 8 hours ...

---Gary  WB8ROL