Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Woo Hoo 6300 just arrived!

Burch Akin
Burch Akin Member ✭✭
Going to be a long day.  6300 just arrived at the office and I have to look at it all day before I can get it home tonight.  Can't wait to get it on the air.  Ordered on May 11th.

Comments

• Steve - M3SXA
    Steve - M3SXA Member
    edited February 2015
    Hahaha that's so annoying, but will be worth the wait.... ;-)
  • Ian - M0IAD
    Ian - M0IAD Member
    edited June 2015
    My 6300 is still at the pusher. Hoping yo get there tomorrow afternoon to pick it up.
  • Burch Akin
    Burch Akin Member ✭✭
    edited June 2014
    Just got it on the air.  Worked OD5ZZ in Lebanon from Florida so I guess it's working.  Just a bit of a learning curve since I am used to using PowerSDR with my 5000

• Jay -- N0FB
    Jay -- N0FB Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Congrats Burch on your radio!!! 

My 6300 shipped today (6/5).  This weekend is going to sheer agony waiting.  Time to clean up the shack.
  • Charlie
    Charlie Member ✭✭
    edited September 2014
    My 6300 is being delivered tomorrow (6/6). I am ready for it to arrive. This is my first sdr so there certainly will be a learning curve but I am ready to start learning!
  • Burch Akin
    Burch Akin Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    I didn't get to play with the radio too much but so far I really like it.  The new SmartSDR software is much more modern looking compared to PowerSDR.  I like that I can change the sizes of the panadapters, waterfalls, and other screen items without having to resize the entire screen (like on PowerSDR).   I need to "unlearn" some things because I am so used to using PowerSDR with my 5000a. I can see that a bigger monitor would really look nice so now I have to spend more money! :)  Receiver is very good and very quiet if you adjust your settings correctly.  My only complaint is the NB.  I know others have complained about the NB but the NB is not nearly as good as the NB on the 5000/1500.  I have a lot of power line buzz on 6 meters and 160 meters and the 5000 would knock out 100% of the buzz on 6 meters and 2-3 S units on 160.  I don't have my 160 antenna up right now but I did try it on 6 meters.  For the NB to have any affect at all, I had to move the slider up to 100%.  It did take a little of the buzz out but not nearly as good as PowerSDR with my 5000 and 1500.  Hopefully this will improve with future software updates or I will have to use another radio on 160 meters.  Other than that, I am extremely impressed with the radio.  I was able to get DAX setup but didn't get my CAT control working yet.  I have a bunch of COM Port pairs setup with VSP manger (for PowerSDR) so I don't know if I can use those or if I need to use the SmartCAT program.   Can't wait to play with the radio some more this weekend. 

Burch
    K4QXX

• Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    The fun begins..... No turning back, now! Be sure to adjust the sampling rate of all the DAX lines in your Windows audio control setup area and in your third party software. They all need to be 16 bit stereo, 48000 sample rate (or a number that divides evenly into it) . This cuts down conversion errors between the rig and your software and helps make you signal as clean as possible. Then spend some time with your audio setup and you are good to go with some of the best audio in the business! And, yes, order two or three larger monitors and a video card to drive them. More monitors = more fun!
  • Bob Hinkle
    Bob Hinkle Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Hey guys... I learned at the Flex Dayton booth that there are several Windows video tweaks that will REALLY improve the quality of a HD TV display used with the Flex and the computer (didn't you REALLY wonder how the Dayton displays looked sooooo good?) ... and they work !   I'm using a relatively inexpensive BestBuy Insignia brand HDTV with 120hz...was on sale not long ago... looks really good here !    YMMV..... Bob KK8ZZ
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    What tweak?
  • Jay -- N0FB
    Jay -- N0FB Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Ok Bob, you tease, what are the tweaks? ;-)
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    The tweak really isn't a tweak.  Win8 has by default dynamic DPI scaling turned on.  We turn dynamic DPI scaling off for the very large displays so that it shows a greater display area for the same screen resolution.

• Jay -- N0FB
    Jay -- N0FB Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Tim, does the same apply to Windows 7?  (This may be obviated for me as I'm running Win7 64 bit via Parallels on a Mac).

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
    No.  Automatic DPI scaling is a Win8 feature.
  • Jay -- N0FB
    Jay -- N0FB Member ✭✭
    edited March 2015
    Thanks sir!
  • Jay -- N0FB
    Jay -- N0FB Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    My Flex 6300 made it 720 miles from Austin to KC in less than a day. It is sitting in the UPS Depot in Lenexa, KS. I decided to pick it up at the Depot so I could play over the weekend. HOWEVER, UPS will not unload it from the truck until tonight or tomorrow....And they will not reopen for customers until Monday morning. I literally was standing within 200 feet of my radio. 720 miles in 1 day. The last 200 feet....3 days. AAARRRRHHHHHHGGGGGGG!!!!!
  • Burch Akin
    Burch Akin Member ✭✭
    edited June 2014
    Jay, that stinks!  I won't tell you how much fun I am having with mine..................  Trust me, it's worth the wait.

Burch

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.