Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Woo Hoo New 6700

Burch - K4QXX
Burch - K4QXX Member ✭✭
Got the new 6700 tonight.  I have been with Flex from the beginning with the SDR-1000.  Sold it and got a loaded 5000.  Then added the VHF/UHF module later.  Then got a 1500 for my transverters.  When the 6300 was announced, I pre-ordered one.  Liked it so much I got a 6500 a year later.  Just sold the 5000 and 6500 and got the mac daddy 6700!  I think the only Flex radio I haven't had is the 3000.  Should have bought the 6700 from the get go. Just wanted to share in my excitement with the new toy! 

Burch

Comments

• Andrew O'Brien
    Andrew O'Brien Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    With my retirement looming, I have occasionally considered one last radio splurge.   I'd be interested in learning what you find as the difference between the 6500 and 6700
  • Walt - KZ1F
    Walt - KZ1F Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    I believe if you buy a 6500 and within 30 days want to upgrade to a 6700 you can do that for simply the difference in price. Short version is 4 additional slices (vfo e - f), a second receiver (spectral capture unit) and 2 meters.
  • Dave -- W7IWW
    Dave -- W7IWW Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    BURCH -- Congratulations on the ultimate radio. I stared out with 5000A, then 6700 two years ago and share 100% your sentiments of excitement about FlexRadio and the 6700. ANDREW -- I'm retired. Debated the 6500 vs. 6700 questions also. Glad I went for the 6700. You essentially get TWO 6500 radios in one package. I have enjoyed diversity reception opportunities as well as multiple RX and TX antenna assignment opportunities with multiple receiver slice assignments that are more limited or not available with the 6500. While I do not yet use the 6700 close to its potential, I am continuing the learn and grow as time passes and the 6700 offers greater opportunities for me as time passes. Just one guys opinion, with absolutely no regrets. Either way, you will have an awesome experience. Have fun!
  • Andrew O'Brien
    Andrew O'Brien Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2016
    I forgot about the 2 meters feature...

• Mark_WS7M
    Mark_WS7M Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2016
    Crud... I thought you were gonna say your Maestro came! Oh well, a 6700 is a pretty cool prize too. I opted for the 6500 because feature wise it was almost identical except for 2 SCU and two meters but I don't have the land or space for 2 SCU and diversity stuff. Congrats on the new rig. Now get it hooked up and give someone a call! We are waiting!!!
  • N4TTY
    N4TTY Member ✭✭
    edited March 2016
    Burch, I've got a 3000 for sale if you want to be able to say you've tried them all!  :-)
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Congrats! I wish I could swing a 6700. Having 2 meters, and a second SCU and future abilities for diversity, real SO2R full duplex, and other things would be very, very nice. But the extra $3200 was just outside my budget. Instead, I spent that money on my tower and T11 log periodic system. Perhaps when I retire...... Ken - NM9P
  • Burch - K4QXX
    Burch - K4QXX Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    I have been licensed since 1995 and have accumulated so much "stuff" over the years.  I was beginning to be a ham hoarder.  I started selling things that I hadn't used in years.  Few bucks here, a few bucks there and the next thing I knew I had some money burning a hole in my pocket.  After selling the 5000 and 6500, I had enough coin to almost pay for the 6700.  I didn't have much time to play with it last night but I am really looked forward to the weekend when I have some time.

Burch
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.