Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

wnb creates noise on 6m

G8ZPX
G8ZPX Member
edited November 2019 in SmartSDR for Windows
On a very quiet 6m band I was chasing a noise source (see pic), trying to find what was producing the odd repeating vertical bars in the panafall.

After a while it turns out it was actually being caused by the WNB function...the band was pure white noise (without a glitch) when the WNB is turned off.

However, even when the WNB slider is set to zero it still does it. Only by turning WNB off completely makes the lines disappear. The break in the lines shows where I turned the WNB off/on to demonstrate the difference. 

Comments

• Norm - W7CK
    Norm - W7CK Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    I do not experience this on my 6700.

I would recommend exporting profiles and performing a total reset on the radio.   I do this every single time I do a software upgrade now.  It prevents some of the strange behaviour I've sometimes experienced in the past.
  • G8ZPX
    G8ZPX Member
    edited April 2017
    First thing I tried. Makes no difference.

Also, the RX antenna selection makes no difference either. Even when on RXA or XTVR (I have nothing connected to them) the self-generated noise is still there.
  • Norm - W7CK
    Norm - W7CK Member ✭✭
    edited April 2017
    You wouldn't happen to have LOOP A or B selected would you?

• Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    I experience this but only with certain band conditions, meaning strong signals on the band. 
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited April 2017
    I have entered this problem report into our bug tracker as issue #4668 for additional investigation. Thank you for the defect report.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.