Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

With two slices opened, 40m and 80m, cannot slide 40m spectrum side to side....

k0eoo
k0eoo Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
I don't know if anyone has reported this behavior before.... On my 6500, V13.10; if I bring up two slices, the first on 40m and the second on 80m and I select RX for each, I cannot slide the 40m spectrum sideways, while the 80m I can.... But if I change the lower band to some other band and open a RX , I can now slide the spectrum on the 40m slice. I was able to repeat this behavior every time I tried it. Dennis, k0eoo

Answers

• Dave - WB5NHL
    Dave - WB5NHL Member ✭✭
    edited December 2014
    Fascinating bug ! I get the same behavior on my 6500 with 13.10! It seems that adding a receiver to 80M slice messes up the 40M. If I delete the 80M receiver the 40M slice with its receiver slides fine.
  • Dave-N9CHM
    Dave-N9CHM Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Same thing here with my 6500.
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    I Checked and it is confirmed here also on my 6500 but have found three other glitches: Once you have had 80 and 40 open together... 1) if you open 80 on top and 40 on the bottom you can't slide the 80 on top either.... 2) If you have 40 open on the bottom panadapter as slice B, you often can't change the band on the top panadapter slice A. It flashes the new band for a second but goes back to 40. If you change the bottom pan to another band, then you can change bands again on the top pan. 3) If you have 40 open on the bottom pan with slice B receive open, close the top pan with (A) and open a new pan window, it moves the bottom 40 meter pan with slice B to the top. If you try to open a new pan on the bottom, it opens with no traces, and it won't let you open a slice Something about having a lower pan with 40 meters as slice B is messing things up. I have this baffling lock-up behavior a number of times, but until Dennis' post gave me a lead I couldn't trace down the cause. Now I have repeated this several times with several variations. It seems that the trigger is having 80 and 40 open on different panadapters and then having 40 open in a pan with Slice B.
  • k0eoo
    k0eoo Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Hi Ken, I noticed the other behavior you mentioned this morning.. Once Flex gets into that code I'm sure they'll getter done.....
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    I figure that this is why I signed up for the "early release" program. To help find and define these "bugs." Perhaps we earned our keep this weekend, Dennis? PS. I LOVE this rig, even with the glitches! It is going to be nothing short of awesome once the software is up to ****! I can't wait to hear the new filters in the next release....
  • k0eoo
    k0eoo Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    I agree Ken, I would rather be using the 6500 than the 5000A have. I've gotten spoiled...Shouldn't be too much longer before its as functional as my 5000A... Regards, Dennis, k0eoo
  • George  WD4ARN
    George WD4ARN Member
    edited February 2014
    Hi all: FYI, I reported this bug to Tim in a SmartSDR-Preview email on July 14, 2013. He indicated that they would review it for a fix but none showed up in V 0.13.10. Since that time I have determined that the problem is more pervasive than I originally thought. I find it on the following 18 combinations of bands/panadapters (top and bottom): 160M and 80M, 160M and 60M, 80M and 160M, 80M and 40M, 80M and Gen, 60M and 160M, 40M and 80M, 40M and 30M, 40M and WW V, 30M and 40M, 17M and 15M, 15M and 17M, 15M and 12M, 12M and 15M, 12M and 10M, 10M and 12M, WWV and 40M, and Gen and 80M. In all cases a Slice Receiver B must be set in the bottom panadapter. The bug is that you cannot slide the frequency spectrum in the top panadapter. A second bug is also present under the 18 combinations described above, and was described in my Problem Topic "Flex-6500 Panadapter Display Problems" previously reported. This is a bug relating to the problem of using the "Band" button selection under the top panadapter. George
  • k0eoo
    k0eoo Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    OK George, hope they can fix this problem....
  • k0eoo
    k0eoo Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Is there going to be an official reply to this problem?
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    The official reply is we have the bug listed in our bug tracker and we are working on it.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.