Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

With the 6500 is there a way to have to have the FlexControl always active?

John Thompson
John Thompson Member
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
With the 6500 is there a way to have to have the FlexControl always active?  As it is now whenever I move the cursor to the logging program then the Control is no longer active.

Answers

• Duane_AC5AA
    Duane_AC5AA Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Hmm, seems to always be active for me - I've used it a number of times where I have the PC focus on the logging program, and I'm entering data and simultaneously tuning the Flex-Control. 
  • Jim Bryce W5HFS
    Jim Bryce W5HFS Member ✭✭
    edited November 2018
    The problem does not lie in the 6300. It is a matter of your computer's configuration of its USB ports. Check to see if there's a conflict between the two physical ports used for your mouse and the FlexControl.

• Duane_AC5AA
    Duane_AC5AA Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    I edited this to add further data, but somehow it didn't get recorded.  Check what COM port your Flex-Control is assigned to.  (There are threads here in the community addressing this.)  Try moving it out to COM55-COM59 or so to get it away from any that another device on your PC is using.  I verified that it works fine set up this way on my 6500 (latest released software) and DX4WIN. 
  • Ernest - W4EG
    Ernest - W4EG Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Use a different dedicated com/port ...
  • Stu Phillips - K6TU
    Stu Phillips - K6TU Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    John,

As others have suggested, it sounds like a port conflict.  Open the Device Manager find the FlexControl entry under COM & LPT PORTS - right click on the FlexControl entry and select Properties.

You will see a button marked "Advanced", click on it and you will see a drop down list that provides the COM port assigned to the device - move it way up in the list to something that you know is clear (ie above any Virtual or Physical ports in the system).

Click on OK to close all windows, quit Device Manager and reboot.

SSDR automatically looks for a FlexControl on all COM ports in the system - so you should be fine after the reboot.

If not, let me know and we can take a different approach.
    Stu K6TU
  • David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    edited June 2020

using DDUtil to control the Flex Control knob gives you more customizing of the buttons and knobs and also DDUtil maintains focus of the Flex Control, even when using different programs (multitasking)

Dave, wo2x

• John Thompson
    John Thompson Member
    edited July 2014

Your solution was right on the money......many, many thanks!

John   kb9tpg

• Stu Phillips - K6TU
    Stu Phillips - K6TU Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Excellent news!  I wish Windows did a better job on device assignment...  I'm still sticking with Windows 7 and won't migrate to anything else until the day after I have too...

Every new version of Windows is yet-another-voyage of discovery...

Happy FlexControlling!
    Stu K6TU
  • rfoust
    rfoust Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    I reluctantly went to Windows 8.1 a while back, it's actually not that bad once I got used to it.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.