Wiring my 6400+Maestro to PC for DX Labs logging software

• Question
  • Updated 5 months ago
What cable do I need from my 6400+Maestro to my PC so that DX Labs Commander and other modules interface with my 6400+Maestro? Is there one commercially available by RT Systems or similar?
Photo of Joseph Hill

Joseph Hill

• 43 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like

Posted 5 months ago

Photo of Dave AA6YQ

Dave AA6YQ

• 178 Posts
  • 214 Reply Likes
Connect your 6400 to the ethernet LAN to which the computer hosting Commander is connected.

Step-by-step instructions are here:

https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/FlexSignature
Photo of K8AC

K8AC

• 48 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
Dave - don't want to hijack this thread, so I'll start another.  I'm a bit confused over the big picture of interconnectability of my 6500 with other applications and Commander.  I have everything working fine, but your referenced link above leads me to believe there's a simpler way to do it than what I'm doing.
Photo of Joseph Hill

Joseph Hill

• 43 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Hi Dave
Thank you. Love your software.
Joe
K4PX
Photo of Dave AA6YQ

Dave AA6YQ

• 178 Posts
  • 214 Reply Likes
Happy New Year, Joe!

Photo of K8AC

K8AC

• 48 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
Joe - I'm a new 6500 owner with Maestro and have used DXLab for years now.  My physical connections look like this: Netgear gigabit ethernet switch on rear of desk.  The 6500, Maestro and PC are all connected to the switch via 3 foot ethernet cables.  The shack is in the basement with "iffy" Wifi connection to the upstairs DSL modem/router, so I ran an ethernet cable from the Netgear switch up to the router.  The Netgear switch is an Amazon item priced around $20. The ethernet cables can be obtained from many sources, including Walmart and Lowes.  With this arrangement, I can connect to the 6500 via Maestro or SmartSDR on the PC without moving cables.  Happy New Year!
Photo of Joseph Hill

Joseph Hill

• 43 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Floyd...many thanks.  You answered my next question!  So I have ordered the Netgear switch.
Joe