Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

wireless earbuds

KB4OIF
KB4OIF Member ✭✭
Ok.  I have a set of Bose companion speakers hooked to the 6400M.  Picked up some wireless earbuds.  Would I need a device that plugs into the bose speakers for it to transmit to the earbuds.   If so what kind of device??

Answers

• Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    I purchased an item at Amazon called “TX9 Updated” for $17.99. It is a Bluetooth transmitter that gets power from a USB port and has a 1/8 inch stereo input. I haven’t used it on my Flex, but use it on a TV with Bluetooth headphones and it works well. .. it should work with Bluetooth earbuds. it is NOT two-way, however, so you will need to make other arrangements for the Mic audio. Ken - NM9P
  • Neil   N4FN
    Neil N4FN Member
    edited July 2019
    I have a pair of Bose Companion 2 Series III speakers and there is a a jack on the front under the control knob for a headphone/earbuds. You did not specify what Companion speakers you have??
    It appears the Companion 3 and 5 have a separate attachment for a headphone or earbuds.
    Neil   N4FN
  • KB4OIF
    KB4OIF Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    I have the companion 2 speakers.  Series III .  Would I be able to use the TX9 and plug it into the headphone jack and just receive audio thru the wireless earbuds.
  • Neil   N4FN
    Neil N4FN Member
    edited July 2019
    Plug it into the jack port on the front of the Companion 2 Series III as I do. The port is under the audio gain control on the front of the right speaker (unless you have L and R reversed)  :-)
  • KB4OIF
    KB4OIF Member ✭✭
    edited September 2018
    So The Tx9 will do that.  Great  Tks Neil.
  • Neil   N4FN
    Neil N4FN Member
    edited June 2020
    What I suggested was plug into the front jack on the speakers
    Neil

• Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    I haven’t used wireless earbuds, but assuming they are Bluetooth, I see no reason they shouldn’t work, either plugged into the radio’s headphone jack, or the speakers’ headphone jack. As long as you get it power through a USB port or supply.
  • KB4OIF
    KB4OIF Member ✭✭
    edited September 2018
    OK.  No Joy so far.  Here is what I have .  Earbuds are turned on.  I have the male end plugged into a USB hub that is connected to my PC.  I have the TX 9 plugged into the female end.  I have the 1/8 inch plugged into the tx9 and  the other end plugged into the  front of the speaker.  Pressing the button on the tx9 does not seem to do anything.  The earbuds work on my phone just fine.  What am I missing.
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    You must put the ear buds into "connect" or "link" mode, so that when you press the button on the TX9 they can syncronize their connection.  If not, you won't get any sound.  Follow the instructions on the TX9 as to how to sync with another device.  When you press the button, the little blue light should start flashing rapidly until the connection is made.   Once they have linked, they should find each other after powering off...unless you have used the buds with your phone, then you might need to resync them with the TX9 when you want to use them with it.

Once you have a sync'ed connection, then you may need to adjust the volume to get it right.

• KB4OIF
    KB4OIF Member ✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Thanks Ken.  It's working.   So if I want to use them with my phone I will need to recync. them.
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Yes, unless they can remember multiple devices...

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.