Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

wireless dropouts on laptop v1.9.7 any update same problem as others reported

Wireless drop out as previously discussed...any fix beside getting a USB wireless adapter for laptop?

Answers

• KC9NRN
    KC9NRN Member
    edited October 2016
    Have you thought about running a newer version?
  • VK7WH Winston
    VK7WH Winston Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Hi Gerald Are you running on 2.4 or 5GHz WiFi Bands? I have no problems on 5GHz but 2.4GHz is very choppy at my QTH due to heavy congestion. . I am the only user in my area on 5GHz, compared to over 20 other signals visible on 2.4GHz.. Worth a try if you have a suitable WiFi Router. Best 73 Winston
  • K6OZY
    K6OZY Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Intel Wireless NIC's can cause stuttering because they have an interruption when Windows does a Site Survey scan.   You can disable the Site Survey scan while connected, but this makes Windows not update the available networks unless you disconnect from the one you are currently on.  This 100% fixes the stuttering issue on the Intel wireless NICs.  This is notorious for the Intel AC 7260 adapter.  If you have this adapter you can disable SSID scanning while connected by following my steps below.  Similar methods are available for newer Intel NICs too.

This involves using the Registry Editor. Be careful not to change anything else except for the things that are listed.

1. Open Registry Editor (Windows 8/8.1, right click where Start button was, click Run, type regedit. Windows 7, click Start, click Run, type regedit)

2. Head to 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE System CurrentControlSet Control Class {4d36e972-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318} [Be sure to expand the 4d36e.... folder]

3. Inside will be a number of folders named 0000, 0001, 0002, etc. Look through all these folders until you get one that says Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 in the registry.

4. Once the device has been found, search for a value called ScanWhenAssociated.

5. If you see this value, set it to 0 on hexadecimal. If you don't see the value, click edit from the top, select new, and click DWORD (32-bit) value. Rename this value to ScanWhenAssociated (exactly as shown). Make sure this value is set to 0 on hexadecimal.

6. Restart the computer. This is important. The changes won't take effect unless you do.

• KC9NRN
    KC9NRN Member
    edited October 2016

Deleted...

• gerald schlatter
    edited November 2016
    Thanks for the info.  Right now I am looking for a USB wireless adapter unit that does not have an Intel chip set.  Laptop has the Intel(R) dual band wireless AC 3160; using a Linksys E4200 dual band router.  Trying out a borrowed a TP-Link TL-WN725N USB adapter which is a little better but can't determine if it has Intel chips.  All this before diving into the Registry Editor (yikes).  Jerry K0HPR

• Bill
    Bill Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    I get a lot of drop outs and mine is a directly wired system. Maestro to Flex 6500 via a CAT cable.  I really like Flex products but regret buying the Maestro as it is so unreliable when trying to connect the the 6500. This is the second one I have by the way and has the latest software on them. Bill - G4ERV

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.