Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Winlink/Winmor RMS Express and Flex6600-Fails to connect

2»

Answers

• Arvind Mallya
    Arvind Mallya Member ✭✭
    edited November 2018
    I do have Com5 in my setup set to PTT. The photo above shows 105 but I changed it based also on the Port assignment in MS Device manager.  You said disable DTR above but your photo shows it is enabled?
  • WQ2H - Jim Poulette
    edited November 2018
    Not sure but you may be over-driving your Tx - mine hits about 50% max on each call. You may need to "season to taste". Give that a try.

Also, your Tx button is yellow? Mine is blue.

I assume this is a station you have connected to before. I noticed the "quality" is zero (0). I usually don't attempt stations that are less then 50.
  • Arvind Mallya
    Arvind Mallya Member ✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Jim,  Ahh...the Letter "P" for Push to talk in SmartSDR CAT how did you change to read "P"?
  • Arvind Mallya
    Arvind Mallya Member ✭✭
    edited November 2018
    I will drop the Tx drive, not sure why the color is yellow, maybe someone from Flex Radio can tell me why that is so, is that got to do with my color choice in the settings.  Hmmmm I will have to go and check the Quality, I thought the path was good but I see the quality should be what I need to verify.
  • N9VC
    N9VC Member ✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Hi,
    You might be confusing me with the other Jim, WQ2H. I'm N9VC.
    You are looking at my setup where I have DTR enabled. It works
    for me. When you first create the port from port protocol, the port
    protocol is a drop down box as pictured.

Choose PTT and continue. As you see in my configuration
    earlier, my radio control port is COM 4 for frequency control
    and the PTT is COM 5. You need 2 ports, one for rig control
    and one for PTT.

73, JIm N9VC
  • Arvind Mallya
    Arvind Mallya Member ✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Jim, N9VC, sorry for the confusion and thank you for the setup info I'll try that. Right now my bigger problem is my Fkex 6600 does not always give me a connect option when I start it.
  • Arvind Mallya
    Arvind Mallya Member ✭✭
    edited November 2018
  • Arvind Mallya
    Arvind Mallya Member ✭✭
    edited November 2018
    I have made all the changes suggested, I cannot edit and change the SDRcat settings com6 set to PTT to read P instead of C, there is no drop down in that window the CAT is greyed out. The SDR DAx TX button is yellow but I do see the TX display indicator red changing. There is no TX power on to the antenna cable as there is no RF carrier in the spectral display. It looks like the DAX is not connecting with the radio transmitter. Is there another setting I could use in Winmor radio setting, the DAX setting don't seem to work. I'm going to try another computer, this is really frustrating!
  • N9VC
    N9VC Member ✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Delete just COM 6 in the cat control and then click add to make a
    new one and choosing PTT in the cat protocol drop down.

Then your box below should look like that, of course with COM 6
    in the client com.

In my setup, I use 4 and 5, where in yours, you are using 6 and 7.
    Of course save the config.

73, Jim N9VC
  • Arvind Mallya
    Arvind Mallya Member ✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Jim, Thank you I think I understand the CAT which is frequency control which works on mine as I have the DAX in receiver slice A turned on. I now understand the TX DAX and that is the DAX in the Mic control under ACC. I will make that change tomorrow and that should get it to work to TX out with your suggested PTT change.
  • Arvind Mallya
    Arvind Mallya Member ✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Thank you Jim V9VC and Jim WQ2H and Dudley, your suggestions worked I successfully transmitted out and connected to a station today. Yipiee!
  • WQ2H - Jim Poulette
    edited November 2018
    That's great Arvind. The 6600 is a great radio and there is clearly plenty to learn! Glad to hear it's coming together - best of luck to you !
    Jim, WQ2H
  • Arvind Mallya
    Arvind Mallya Member ✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Jim Poulette, yes thanks on to FT8.....should be easy now. Ivalso use a Intel NUC which is SSD and has nice graphics perfect for the Flex
  • Arvind Mallya
    Arvind Mallya Member ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    I'm back to having no luck connecting to a station even the ones which are really close by. I connected to one but it did not complete the email transfer. I have used the steps Tim suggested and tried a few variations. The latency is 300ms or higher and I'm unable to reduce it with filter size or file transfer bandwidth. Anyone have a suggestion.
  • Stan VA7NF
    Stan VA7NF Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Curiosity, what changed to increase the latency?  Is this V3 vs V2?
    I am noticing on high speed CW contesting that the other station's first characters are lost, although high latency should delay/preserve those characters; may be a similar problem with WinLink missing the exchange start.
  • Arvind Mallya
    Arvind Mallya Member ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Not sure what has changed, I tried all the settings to see if I could reduce the latency. I tried the same with a Pactor modem and that takes a few tries to get going. I don't have the same problem with a old Yaesu 817. Sorry V3 and V2 as in Winlink software?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.