Winlink/Winmor Flex 6600 Connection Issue

• Problem
  • Updated 4 months ago
  • (Edited)
I'm back trying to get Winlink/Winmor to work with my Flex 6600. All the settings are as recommended by Tim in his previous posts. The program selects the appropriate frequencies and also transmits, however I'm unable to connect even to a station 30 miles away with 99% path availability . Is it the high latency I see which is at times 400msec causing the missed window, what setting would I need to do to reduce that, if that is the reason for no connection. BTW, there were times in the past where I did get it to work but don't remember the latencies.
Photo of Arvind Mallya

Arvind Mallya

• 112 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
  • frustrated

Posted 4 months ago

Photo of Luis del MOlino

Luis del MOlino

• 55 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
Use Vara modem instead of Wiinmor. Jose Alberto Nieto Ros, EA5HVK , the author or ROS mode,has succeded in getting a more flexible timing mode for ARQ in his last version of Vara 3.0.3. I have succeded in getting two Flex.6500 linked in Vara Peer to Peer mode.

Luis EA3OG
Photo of Arvind Mallya

Arvind Mallya

• 112 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
I downloaded however they have a licence fee of $69. I did not buy it not knowing how well it works.
Photo of Gary NC3Z

Gary NC3Z

• 175 Posts
  • 37 Reply Likes
Flex likes to break things and this is one of many issues I now have with my 6600M. Not sure if it is related but in the 2.51 (and V3) release notes they list this outstanding issue. They just mention the Pactor modem but they never elaborate on why it does not work. Related??

(#6938) Operation with Pactor modems will not work in v2.6.1. Pactor operation is functional in v2.4.9.
Photo of Arvind Mallya

Arvind Mallya

• 112 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
So Pactor will work in 2.4.9, I tried it once before and was able to connect with 2.4.9. I'll try that next.
Photo of Arvind Mallya

Arvind Mallya

• 112 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
I was able to connect to a Winlink/Winmor station K6SDR on 3.5MHz with a quality of 99 and latency of 387ms. It took a few repeated attempts. I'm not sure it is the latency, but all I saw was it connected with 387ms delay TX to Rx. Maybe Flex support can chime in and tell me what is the problem without packet capture in either direction and making sure there is a handshake it is not possible to see what is going on.
Photo of Arvind Mallya

Arvind Mallya

• 112 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes