Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

WinKeyer with Ham Radio Deluxe DM780

N6WT Kent
N6WT Kent Member ✭✭
edited May 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
I have been trying to get HRD DM780 Ver 6.3 with the WinKeyer emulation (1.6.17.156 SSDR) for work for a while.

The problem is, it is intermittent. It will work for the first few times I hit send but then it stops working or will send once after I hit send 3 or 4 times.

I have played with the setting in DM780. My current setting (that dont work either). Under DM780 Program options, Modes + ID's, Enable sierial (COM) port keying: COM 6 which I have set as a CAT port in SSDR CAT. I have also tried a PTT port set in SSDR CAT. I have also set it to the port the WinKeyer is set to.

WinKeyer works perfectly in N1MM+!

At this point I am thinking about dumping HRD.

What am I doing wrong??

Thanks
NC6B

Answers

• Ian1
    Ian1 Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Kent

DM780 / Program Options Via Serial (COM) Port then check Soundcard Input DAX RX 1 and Output DAX TX .

There used to be several outputs for DAX now only 1 choice make sure it's selected.

This upgrade to 1.6.17 is way more involved then Flex lead all to believe.

Ian
  • N6WT Kent
    N6WT Kent Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Ian

Thanks but that does the samething. I do not think the Output DAX sound card (mine is set the way you describe) has anything to do with the WinKeyer. As I said I have been playing with this for a while. I am almost sure it is a HRD problem and not a SSDR problem. I was just hoping I missed something.

Kent
  • Ian1
    Ian1 Member ✭✭
    edited January 2016
    kent

I am sure HRD owner Rick can fix it this update has caused numerous problems for me with DM780 & LogBook 2nd frequency recording.

My Profiles when imported from SSDR1.5 had small corruption errors.

1.6.17 hasn't been a smooth transition.

Ian
  • Keith Flint
    Keith Flint Member
    edited December 2016
    Did you set the port that the Winkeyer connects to up as a winkeyer port? I had the same problem until I did that. Also, you cannot use qsk with the winkeyer. I think I like the built in keyer better than the winkeyer anyway. I set the key delay to around 200 and it seems to work ok.
    W7ZAC
  • DH2ID
    DH2ID Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Hi all, something funny has happened tonight:

I have used a ZLP electronics CW Keyer until now, which emulates a Winkeyer
    and works well with all programs, including HRD DM780. I've set up a corresponding
    port in DM780 and this drives the Winkeyer, which in turn connects to the Flex 6k5
    key port in front. I've updated to the most recent HRD and SSDR versions, running all
    on Windows 7 pro 64bit.

So far so good.

Today I tried the new Winkeyer emulation mode with SSDR, creating a CAT Winkeyer
    port and connecting DM780 to it, as I want to use the ZLP CW Keyer for my Flex-3000.

Now this gave me the poor results, which Kent NC6B describes above, CW intermittent,
    sending in leaps and bounds :-(

I tried FLWKey - same poor results, but Log4OM in Winkeyer mode was much better,
    almost perfect. Then I tried N1MM+ Logger and it sends CW absolutely perfect,
    no problems there.

Now I tried HRD DM780 again: absolutely perfect, no problems anymore.
    I hope this keeps! But what I want to know is, how the Winkeyer problem repaired
    itself !?!

Has someone experienced a similiar problem and solution to it?

Alex - DH2ID

• DH2ID
    DH2ID Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Update to my comment after trying again this morning:

Yes, definitly, this is the workaround:
    N1MM+ does something to SSDR's Winkeyer emulation
    and if you connect HRD's DM780 afterwards, it will have solved
    the intermittent CW transmitting fault!

As this seems do be a HRD DM780 problem, I will post it there.
  • N6WT Kent
    N6WT Kent Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Alex

Thanks for confirming the problem I was having.

I have switched to DXLab. It works perfectly with the WinKeyer and the logging software is better.

Please post here if you find a solution for HRD
  • DH2ID
    DH2ID Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Hi Kent, I will do that. I went back to my hardware keyer for the moment...

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.