Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Winkeyer inout on AUX conn pin 4 no keying voltage

Russ K5OA
Russ K5OA Member ✭✭
edited March 2019 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
New 6600 so might be just op error. CW ok with Paddle input but AUX pin 4 per Hardware and SmartSDR said it is enabled all the time.  PTT is workign but not keyer input.

Answers

• Mack
    Mack Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    I'm using AUX Pin 4 CW keying input on my 6600. Works great! I have it wired from the WinKeyer KEY1 to Pin 4 on the AUX plug and Pin 5 ground. Of course this only works in CW mode and make sure you have KEY1 setup in the WinKeyer app.

Mack
    W4AX
    Alpha Team
  • Russ K5OA
    Russ K5OA Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Thanks, Mack,  that is what I expect but there is no voltage on pin 4 to key to ground like on PTT pin 14.

I have Winkeyer yes set for PTT and ST on Port 1 and RCA to a RCA female I have on pin 4 of the AUX 15 HD connector. reading 7.6.4 looks like not conf needed inside 6600.

Just manual testing is the same PTT I can ground and Key In does nothing in CW mode!

• Mack
    Mack Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    I'm running out of ideas. One other thing to try is to take a short piece of jumper wire and short pin 4 and pin 5 momentarily while in CW mode. If that doesn't work then you should open a help desk ticket as you may have a hardware problem. 

I'm not questioning your ability by my next comment but just trying to eliminate possibilities. Please use a strong light and high magnification to ensure you're shorting the pins physically numbered 4 and 5. It's easy to select the wrong pins on a high density 15 pin female connector. I've personally made this mistake before.

Mack
    W4AX
    Alpha Team
  • Jim K4JAF
    Jim K4JAF Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Make sure you have the correct pin.  Seems i remember there was a mistake in the schematic at one time..  as to whether you were looking at the back or front of the connector.  
  • Russ K5OA
    Russ K5OA Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Thanks,  Jim, made me check the cable builders work and he missed the pin!.

Heating up the iron now. See voltage on actual pin 4 Not pin 2!

Thanks Jim and Mack, it is working as planned now.  

Pin 2 was extended out to the RCA cable I had requested not pin 4.  All is well.

Question my ability anytime, I am getting older and do need the brighter lights and magnification to see those little pins.  

PAge 23 helped pin it down, thanks to all!

Thanks a nice to be part of the Flex movement and family. 

Russ K5OA

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.