Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

WinKeyer emulation, Smart SDR Version 1.6

Lewis Cheek
Lewis Cheek Member ✭✭
edited January 2018 in SmartSDR for Windows
Well it works with DXLabs Winwarbler, however speed slider does not change setting in Winwarbler. Before anyone jumps on this, I know it's a DXLabs issue, just a user comment.

73's
Lew
N4CO

Comments

• Neal_K3NC
    Neal_K3NC Member ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Lew

Its a beta feature so I am sure that Flex is interested in hearing about any issues with it!
  • Phil M0VSE
    Phil M0VSE Member ✭✭
    edited September 2016
    Just tried this in DM780 and N1MM+ and if I change the speed in either of those it changes in SmartSDR "but" it doesn't work the other way round which is what you are seeing in Winwarbler. I wonder if the SmartSDR speed slider isn't sending Winkey commands on speed change? Not a big problem for me as I expect that I would always use the speed setting in DM780/N1MM+ anyway but it isn't just Winwarbler!
  • iz7auh
    iz7auh Member ✭✭
    edited January 2016
    Neal hi!! HNY When new DXBASE?
  • Lewis Cheek
    Lewis Cheek Member ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Not a big problem, however it would be nice to have control feature that changed speed, rather than needing to move into Winwarbler. I'm hoping by time Maestro is released to have this functionally.

Lew
    N4CO
  • Neal_K3NC
    Neal_K3NC Member ✭✭
    edited January 2016
    Dayton (mid May)!
  • Lewis Cheek
    Lewis Cheek Member ✭✭
    edited January 2016
    Say it AIN'T so :(

Lew
    N4CO
  • Lewis Cheek
    Lewis Cheek Member ✭✭
    edited January 2016
    Sri, thought you were speaking of Maestro. :)

Lew
    N4CO
  • Barry N1EU
    Barry N1EU Member ✭✭
    edited August 2017
    How do you configure N1MM Logger+ to use the new CAT WinKey?  If the port is configured for a Radio (Flex-6000 Series), the "WinKey" checkbox doesn't show up under the port configuration options.
  • Phil M0VSE
    Phil M0VSE Member ✭✭
    edited September 2016
    Just add a second port in the N1MM+ hardware tab (with the COMx port you have added for WinKey), leave Radio set to None, check CW/Other and click Set. Make sure that the correct radio number is selected and WinKey is checked. That's it!
  • km9r.mike
    km9r.mike Member ✭✭
    edited January 2016
    There goes my external wkusb : )
  • Neal_K3NC
    Neal_K3NC Member ✭✭
    edited January 2016
    I only receive Maestros, not make them! Cannot wait to get my hands on one however and see what it can do.
  • Douglas Maxwell
    Douglas Maxwell Member ✭✭
    edited January 2016
    Works fine with N1MM+. Tried it with Wintest which is my contesting software and there seems to be a problem with word/element spacing. The send speed of letters seems correct, but the space between letters isn't 1 dit and the space between words isn't 3 dits. The spaces seem too long causing ptt to unkey and cw to sound jerky. Also I never use a delay to control ptt, I'd rather have ptt held on till end of tx, this allows fast unkey to rx those fast returns.
  • Barry N1EU
    Barry N1EU Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Unlike Mike, I think I'll hold on to my external wkusb for now ;-)   Also, historically I've had less trouble during a contest with extra hardware modules than with extra software modules under Windows.

Barry N1EU
  • km9r.mike
    km9r.mike Member ✭✭
    edited January 2016
    Might be prudent. Second thoughts as well. Will have to play with radio.
  • Mal G3PDH
    Mal G3PDH Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Ref incorrect character spacing noted with Wintest. I experience exactly the same problem from the CW machine inbuilt to Logger 32. N1MM works fine.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.