I use my PC for several purposes, one of which involves listening to streaming audio from various commercial sources (iTunes, SiriusXM, Netflix, etc.) It seems that each time I have installed any version of SmartSDR for Windows, my audio gets lost. When I go to the Sound Mixer to find out where it has been reassigned to, usually if not always it is assigned to a DAX channel. This happens with Windows 7 & Windows 10. At times I do not see my previously available speaker output.
I know there must be a simple explanation and fix for this, but I have not been able to figure it out. My end goal is to be able to Operate my Flex-6500, then watch or listen to iTunes or watch a movie without doing an easter egg hunt in control panel each time. I currently have the latest version of SmartSDR loaded onto an i5 Windows 7 PC with the described condition, but it has occurred on several other PCs I have tried as well.
Please point me in the right direction! Tnx de K4SC