Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Windows and multiple monitors

Michael Coslo
Michael Coslo Member ✭✭
edited July 2019 in Third-Party Software
A data point in case others have a similar problem.

I was having issues with my acessory programs like WSPR and WSJT showing up. The program would start, and show itself in the W10 task bar, but no application window. 

After some troubleshooting, I found out the problem. My W10 station has a laptop on the tabletop, and a 46 inch monitor on the wall directly above it. So for the dual monitor setup, I set up the second monitor above the laptop in display settings. This way the mouse pointer will operate logically as I change windows. 

Can't do that. While this makes the pointer work, it caused the problem with WSPR and WSJT, and their windows not showing up. Bummer.

Answers

• K3DCW
    K3DCW Member ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Sounds like your WSPR/WSJT windows are simply "off screen."  I've seen this happen with windows 10 when dealing with monitors of different resolutions, or with changes in layout or number of additional monitors.  Try this. 

Start WSPR or WSJT. 

When the icon appears in the taskbar, hold the SHIFT key and right click once on the icon. You should see a menu pop up with "Restore, Move, Size, Minimize, Maximize..." options.  Select Move. 

Using the arrow keys, try to move the program windows onto the screen. Once you can see them, you can then click and drag them wherever you want. 

Hope this helps. 
  • Kevin
    Kevin Member
    edited July 2019
    Mike - if the icons are showing in the task bar and the windows are not give this a try in windows 10.

Hover over the icon in the task bar. Slide the mouse up to the graphic of the window and right click. One of the options should be "Move". Click that then use your arrow keys and that should bring the application's window visible again.

Alternatively, select the app in the task bar, hit Alt+space then M and again use the arrow keys.

Doesn't always work but I've had good luck with it. Some apps don't seem to play well when going from one to two monitors or from one monitor size to another.

Kev K4VD
  • Mark_WS7M
    Mark_WS7M Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    This is a really irritating Windows bug in my opinion.  On a Mac for example, under Mac OS if you have a window on a monitor then disconnect the monitor the window is forced to the main display.

So as mentioned above the "Move" option is not always enabled and since I've had this issue myself I think the solution is a small piece of software that locates the desired windows, maybe gives you a list, and you select and it will move the window to the main display.

I'll try to whip something up as I've run into this myself.

mark
  • Mike va3mw
    Mike va3mw Member ✭✭
    edited August 2017
    The same problem happens on my MAC.  I can have windows totally disappear off all screens and I can't find them.  The problem is not only a windows issue.
  • Mark_WS7M
    Mark_WS7M Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Really!?   I never see this on my Mac.   Anyway it is irritating.
  • Mike va3mw
    Mike va3mw Member ✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Yep, if I unplug my thunderbolt cable from my 4K monitor. it isn't bad, but plug it back in and all bets are off.
  • Michael Coslo
    Michael Coslo Member ✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Ah-HAH! Got it. Snapped right on screen when I pressed an arrow key.  Thanks much, it is intuitive to move the mouse pointer up when monitor 2 is right above monitor one. The world is in balance again! 8^)

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.