Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

windows 8.1 Flexsdr app

John
John Member ✭✭
edited February 2019 in FLEX Series (Legacy) Radios
I would like to see someone develope an app for running power SDR software on say a windows phone with wifi/bluetooth support. Windows phone ham apps are mostly cheesy to say the least. Anyone out there already playing with this idea ?

Answers

• Claudius Ptolemaeus
    edited February 2015
    Windows phones don't have Firewire.
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    And It is a thick client
  • DH2ID
    DH2ID Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    You would a program like teamviewer to control your pc running PowerSDR and Skype to transport audio data. Quite complicated.
  • John
    John Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    what about rc forb?
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    That is why there is SSDR, some things just can't be done with PSDR
  • John
    John Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Bill if its a software issue, then why not incorporate it into powersdr. Surely, PSDR is not a complete write off ? Now if they brought out another version of the flex1500 with added voom, then many of us who cannot afford the big toys will be happy to pay a bit more for a flex 1500B ?
  • George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    PSDR is great for the older rigs without the level of internal processing the 6000's have. The two generations of software are very different in approach. PSDR does the "heavy lifting" that is built into the 6000 series, so is very dependent on the PC running it. A 1500, 3000, or 5000 is a radio peripheral, where the 6000 is a radio server. Unfortunately, the architecture is really, really different. PSDR and a 1500 would work fine on a Windows tablet or something like that, provided a USB connection is available. The extra demands of the 3000 and 5000 require FireWire, which I don't think is found on any handheld Windows device.
  • John
    John Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Not know the tablet design, how difficult is it to add a firewire port ? I have an galaxy 2.0 tablet which is a hand me down from my son. I use it to listen to some zs stations on 40m using the websdr app.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.