Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Windows 1903 update!

Options
Completed the Windows 1903 update and everything installed without impacting SmartSDR 2.6.1!  

Comments

• Pat N6PAT
    Pat N6PAT Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Options
    I 'm curious as to what was changed in SSDR and why it took so many years to implement.
  • Ernest - W4EG
    Ernest - W4EG Member ✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Options
    I am another happy camper with SmartSDRv2.6.1  and Windows 1903 update.
  • Joe N3HEE
    Joe N3HEE Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Could you guys please comment on what type of hardware you are running ?  Mother board, CPU type (Intel, AMD i5, i7, etc), memory type and brand, PC brand, age, laptop, desktop, etc.  Very curious to figure out why some have issues and others dont.  Perhaps this is hardware related ?
  • WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Options
    No issues here!  the update went well so far.
    Computer hardware here is a Intel NUC8i7BEH1 with Windows 10Pro, Crucial 32GB Memory, Soundblaster USB sound device for Computer speakers, Dual monitors, SURE USB to XLR MIC adapter runs, Prolific USB to RS-232 cable (for my PTT).
    ( I don't use the NUC built in Sound, I think it sounds like garbage)
    I run 100% Remote to the 6700 out in my shop on same LAN. 
    Not that you needed all that stuff but if it is plugged into the computer it can and does make a difference 
    73's
    Bret
    WX7Y

• Brian Denley  KB1VBF
    Brian Denley KB1VBF Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Window 10 home, Asus motherboard, intel I7 8700, Nvidia RTX 2080, 32MB.  No issues with any Windows updates.
  • Rick Hadley - W0FG
    Rick Hadley - W0FG Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Options
    I don’t have an answer to that, but Flex is to be congratulated for solving a Microsoft problem that still affects many other non-radio related programs. This month’s cumulative update broke my son’s retail store POS system’s printer driver again. I’ve seen other such reports about similar problems with different software packages. We’re very fortunate that the Flex team was able to work out a fix for us.
  • Robby
    Robby Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    I am using SSDR v.3.1.8 running in a 12 year old laptop that I got off eBay for $80. I maxed the memory at 8 GB and installed an SSD. I also added 3 USB3 ports using the PCMCIA slot. It runs HDMI to an inexpensive 32" Chinese TV that has a PC mode and is cheaper than a 23" monitor. The PC is heavy but I don't plan on carrying it around. Windows 10 home upgraded to version 1903 without any known issues.

-Robby
    HP3SS

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.