Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Windows 10 update #1709

2»

Comments

• Clay N9IO
    Clay N9IO Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    @Ned, My Win7 pro machine was built maybe 5 or 6 years back. I also added an SSD. Never an issue with Wíndowa updates. I also set it to notify me when updates are available then I decide when the update will occur certainly not during a contest or when I am chasing DX. In fact I may build a new replacement Win7 machine soon. I have no desire to run SSDR on a Win10 machine. I do own a laptop with Win10 only for leisure web browsing and writing our club web pages and newsletter but it has mostly MS products installed so go figure it never has an issue. I choose my battles.
  • Steve G1XOW
    Steve G1XOW Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Pretty sure there was a new "feature" in v2 that was supposed to fix this problem.
  • Gary Johnson
    Gary Johnson Member
    edited December 2017
    When windows 10 updates I usually lose about half of the stored passwords for things like the weather, Netflix, etc.  What is a good source for windows 7
  • Alan C
    Alan C Member ✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Agree with Michael. These latest MS updates seem to disrupt the computer operation unnecessarily. After my last Win 10 update - I lost my Dell touch pad scrolling. I also lost the correct driver for my Full HD display. Took me two days to get it back to normal.
  • Norm - W7CK
    Norm - W7CK Member ✭✭
    edited December 2017
    I tried to remove and re-install DAX drivers but DAX failed to work properly.  Next I did a complete uninstall of SmartSDR and all associated apps.  After reboot I did a fresh install of SmartSDR but the darn DAX was still **** up.  I couldn't get any of my digital programs to use the TX-Stream via DAX Audio TX.  I ended up screwing around for over an hour.   Finally I just so happened to set "DAX Audio TX" to be the "Default Communications Device" within the Playback tab under Sound.   This took care of it.

It seems none of my digital apps can address "DAX Audio TX" directly.  Regardless of what TX audio device is selected, audio will only go to a DEFAULT COMMUNICATIONS DEVICE.  

Is anyone else experiencing this same issue or it is it unique to only me?

I'm running the latest version of SmartSDR and the Windows update I received today was "Feature update to Windows 10, version 1709".
  • DH2ID
    DH2ID Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Same here, Clay. Windows7 never made any problems.
  • Clay N9IO
    Clay N9IO Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    You know it Alex so I figure about the time MS stops service to Win 7 they may actually have tamed the Win 10 beast. So Win 7 for the foreseeable future.
  • Matt NQ6N
    Matt NQ6N Member ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    After encountering some fairly significant bugs and compatibility issues with many programs I have stopped using Windows 10 Creator updates, and stick with only the mainstream builds that are available through the normal windows update mechanism.  

Matt NQ6N
  • Norm - W7CK
    Norm - W7CK Member ✭✭
    edited December 2017
    I agree Matt but this was a "feature update" not one of the Creator updates.   Everyone is getting this.
  • Matt NQ6N
    Matt NQ6N Member ✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Ahh, ok, I think 1709 may have been the build that caused me trouble during the beta period. 

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.