Windows 10 SmartSDR v2.0.17 Display Issue

• Question
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Answered
Operating Environment: Flex 6700, SmartSDR v2.0.17, Apple MacMini, Parallels, Windows 10

Hello to All,

Last night I updated to SmartSDR v2.0.17 on my MacMini which I use to control my 6700 from an upstairs room.  Radio control functions appear to work normally; however, several areas of the software's display appear squeezed.  My monitor is a 24 inch Samsung and the SmartSDR software is "maximized" to the full screen size.  See photos below.

Please note how the frequency display in the slice flag and in radio panel is cutoff or hidden by other labels, etc.  I've checked everything in the Windows display settings but nothing seems to eliminate this issue.  All software has been maintained in an up-to-date state other than v2.0.17 which was updated yesterday.

Any thoughts on what else I can check to correct this issue?  Am I missing something?  Thank you.

Gary AK4ZX

Photo of Gary S Ownsby

Gary S Ownsby

• 25 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of WW1SS - Steve

WW1SS - Steve

• 730 Posts
  • 247 Reply Likes
Official Response
When I had that issue I did not have the correct font on my computer. I don't remember what font it was but downloaded it and that issue went away.
Photo of Gary S Ownsby

Gary S Ownsby

• 25 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
Thank you Steve...sure looks like the same things.  I'll see if installing the font fixes it.  Thanks again!!
Photo of Gary S Ownsby

Gary S Ownsby

• 25 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
Thanks for the help from both of you.  That seemed to do the trick though the slice flag still seems to have a dab of the same issue but then again, the flag is a very crowded piece of "real estate"...so may be I just never noticed it.  Anyway, the font installed seemed to have made a vast improvement.  Thank you again.