Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Windows 10 Dax Audio Through PC Speakers Revisited

Philip KA4KOE
Philip KA4KOE Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
Try as I might, I cannot get the audio stream audible on my Windows 10 machine. The motherboard has an integral Realtek System. I've researched this issue and others have had similar problems.

I have the latest Realtek HD Audio drivers. The audio is definitely working as I can hear computer sounds during testing (non-Flex).

I went through the Windows 10 audio troubleshooting ap with no luck.

I can see indications of audio on the DAX Reserved Audio Channel 1 using the DAX control panel. Channel 1 is selected via the DAX menu pulldown on SmartSDR.

I am running SSDR V. 1.6.21, Flex 6300.

I also see the moving bar display on Windows 10 mixer. Its active, default, but no sound.

The CPU is an Intel i7 with an 80 GB SSHD, 2.4 GHz clock speed, and 4 GB RAM.

Comments

• Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Do you have the "remote" button on SSDR activated?
    Do you have the Realtek HD speakers set as Default speakers in the Windows sound ap when the remote button is ON?

These are the two most common errors I have seen.
    Let's start with those two and work up the line of other potential problems....
  • AA0KM
    AA0KM Member ✭✭
    edited April 2017

Right click speaker Icon and select playback, also when you get into the sound card you can choose to not show with right click. Make defaults Dax RX 1 and playback Speakers.

You do not use reserved,

imageimage
  • Philip KA4KOE
    Philip KA4KOE Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Getting audio now, but distorted, almost watery sounding when listening to AM.
  • Steve (N9SKM)
    Steve (N9SKM) Member
    edited May 2016
    Is anything turned up and maxing out the bar graph and going into clipping?
  • George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    don't use DAX for local monitoring - it is designed as an audio i/o for software applications. if you must use your PC audio, select the "Remote" audio at the top RIGHT of the SSDR window, next to the volume slider. Ensure your default devices are not DAX, but your PC audio device.

• Philip KA4KOE
    Philip KA4KOE Member ✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Roger on DAX. The watery sound on AM occurred when the RL slider was near the middle.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
    DAX is not to be used for listening; it is intended to be used for interfacing to digital mode programs.  Use the LAN Remote feature for using your PC playback and recording device.
  • Philip KA4KOE
    Philip KA4KOE Member ✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Seems to be working well now. Thanks for the replies.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.