Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

windows 10 Build 10158 released

Gene - K3GC
Gene - K3GC Member ✭✭
edited January 2020 in New Ideas
Microsoft released the latest build of Windows 10 yesterday (6-29).  So far I have found no bugs whatever and Smart SDR works without issue.
The only caveat is, as before, it is necessary to uninstall Smart SDR and then reinstall it.  After the reinstall there are no issues that I have found.  Windows 10 is considerably faster with this build and I am now using it on my production machine.  Still have a 8.1 drive in reserve :).

Comments

• Simon Lewis
    Simon Lewis Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    like wise running it on a Surface Pro 3 and loving it ... very impressed so far
  • George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Made the move today to build 10162. Very smooth clean install (created a new virtual machine under Parallels). Been running most of the day with no problems to report. Looks like a keeper. Love that new OS "look and feel."

• Jay -- N0FB
    Jay -- N0FB Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    George, have you had any success with running Windows 10 in coherence mode?  Parallels on my Mac's do not deal well with it (yet).
  • DonS
    DonS Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Like George the install was very clean and smooth, however, when I went into coherence mode it seem to jump in and out of coherence mode or changing screens every couple of seconds.  Since this is still beta I am not too concerned and I suspect when the final release is made, Parallels might have some upgrades to their software.  I have been running SSDR and fldigi all day without issues except where somehow the DAX got turned off in SSDR which explained why when I went into transmit mode I got nothing out.  I just hate it when that happens and you don't realize what happened other than it stopped working.
  • George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    It works in coherence mode for me once I disabled Spaces in OS X Mission Control. Windows 10 has a similar feature called "Desktops" that was spawning Spaces, too. I don't see a way to turn Virtual Desktops off, which bugs me. I use three monitors, so don't need or want either Spaces or Desktops running. Hoping Microsoft allows the function to be disabled. Using same VM settings as with Win 8.1 (4 CPU, 4096 RAM, 512 video).
  • George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    I do notice it works markedly better in Full Screen mode. Might just live there until Parallels catches up after Win10 is RTM.

Have noticed occasional Desktops issues in Coherence also - particularly when running remote and found myself unable to swipe back like on the desktop machine.
  • DonS
    DonS Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    I prefer the Full Screen or a Windows screen when running Parallels.  No issues.  I have shied away from the coherence mode.
  • George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Sounds wise, Don. 

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.