Just updated SmartSDR for Windows v220.127.116.11 yesterday per the release notes. All was fine. Then updated from Win 7/64 to Win 10 Pro.
The Flex 6500 operates normally but I cannot get third party digital software to talk to the radio. I see the following error message on startup:
DAX Driver Error
An error has occurred while trying to open a DAX sound device. The following fault conditions may apply:
- The DAX driver may not be properly installed
- Another application has exclusive use of a Reserved DAX sound device
- The DAX sound device may have been manually disabled
In the DAX Control Panel (v1.6.21...)
- The TX Stream is RED and reads NOT CONNECTED
- RX Stream 1 is RED and reads DRIVER ERROR
- RX Stream 2 is RED and reads NOT CONNECTED
- Mic Stream and all other RX Streams are BLACK and read NOT CONNECTED.